Esteban's Guitar on Home Shopping Network

InTheBlueprintInTheBlueprint Posts: 3
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Do any of you know anything about this thing? I'm sure somebody has seen it on TV.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    only that he's the joke of the guitar world.
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    i bought his beattiful handcrafted quality guitar and infromative video tape series, and now i can play a variety of rockabilly standards, as well as flemenco guitar!
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • 'now, we're going to play a little 'greensleeves', then a classic rock 'n' roller, 'house of the rising sun'.'
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Well, ok then..you little snobs (just joking)

A friend of mine has your very attitude. But anyway. What I was asking about was the guitar. Is it really worth $1000 (and being sold on HSN for $230)? Will the neck really not ever warp? I probably already know the answer, but I thought it's worth asking about..
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    i was joking too.......considering the guitar has no name brand i'd say it is the cheapest guitar possible, which would be worth about $150..........and the neck will eventually warp
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Who is Esteban? Should we have heard of him?
  • a famous guitar player..i don't really know too much about him
  • he was in a terrible accident, and then all of a sudden he could play again on this guitar!

seriously though, i watch that infomercial everytime i see that it's on. I love how he says you can fingerpick like a pro after only weeks of lessons.

good stuff.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    who knows man....I say anything you buy off an informercial is bound to break!
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    he was in a terrible accident, and then all of a sudden he could play again on this guitar!

seriously though, i watch that infomercial everytime i see that it's on. I love how he says you can fingerpick like a pro after only weeks of lessons.

good stuff.

haha. i watch it everytime too. fucking cracks me up. especially the woman who sits beside him and just nods her head and "rocks out"

oh gosh im dying laughing right now. esteban!
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    hahah this thread is hilarious, i've seen it too !
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • BriansGMCBriansGMC Posts: 33
    that has to be one of the funniest rip offs on TV that I have ever seen
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Esteban is SO cool that nobody had EVER heard of him BEFORE those infomercials. I'm tellin' ya, I liked him better when he was underground. Now he's such a sellout.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • i watched the esteban commercial today.....he plays live at "red rocks" (?!?!?!?!?!?).......and he is doung his informercial live from "the stage at red rocks" and he plays something like amazing grace and then it cuts to a shot of a stadium crowd going nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish i knew when this would be on ahead of time, it is always a treat