Mike Lull Guitars- Bellevue, WA

outoforderoutoforder Posts: 2
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I wanted to write a quick reminder to everyone who may be thinking about using Mike Lull Guitar for any repair work to always get your estimate from Roger in writing. I know Mike Lull uses the Pearl Jam name to attract their fans as customers; however, I was quoted one price and billed another higher one, without prior consent... and please note that if they do this to you and you cannot pay the higher price- they will sell your gear after 30 days. So, just a friendly reminder to receive your quote in writing, as they were very unprofessional when confronted about their hidden charges- using vulgar language and sarcasm. They did eventually, after much chegrin, agree to honor their original quote- so make sure you get yours in writing, or else they may sell your gear if you are unable to pay their higher cost- even though they do not ask if that is okay first. I believe they are preying on the fans of Pearl Jam, so I wanted to give a heads up to any fans out there who may be thinking of using Mike Lull Guitats in Bellevue, WA.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Sorry you had a bad experience... I've noted that custom builders and high-end techs can and do get away with that... especially since people will pay what they're charging. Thanks for the heads-up, I'm sure someone here will be heeding your advice.

That said... how does it play?!?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • outoforderoutoforder Posts: 2
    It plays okay, but the preamp they sold me, which was never explained properly, has some weird boost on the gain or something; so, it's real tinty and growly, and the bass distorts rather easily as a result of this boost that I unknowingly bought, lol... so, it is better, but not the best, I have had better work done by lesser known stores in the area like A# Music Co. in Renton and was treated much better and received a much fairer price which was the same as the quote.
    In fact, when we picked up the instrument, the knobs didn't even match and it looked like there was not much care taken with the service that was performed.
  • I love Mike and Roger. They're not trying to fuck anyone over, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them man.
    To myself I surrender, to the one I'll never please.
  • DirtLikeMeDirtLikeMe Posts: 91
    Pet Peeve: When I have chosen to take my business somewhere and they feel like they can treat me like shit and act like they could give a rat's ass about having my business.

To all those that conduct business like this here is a big ol' jolly FUCK YOU!
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done