Alive tab question

StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
edited October 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
after the first part of the solo, when eddie comes in with "wow uh huh, yeah uh huh" they go to a chord that doesn't seem to be the chorus E, G, D , A.....any one?
"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    The chord progression for the solo is basically the same all the way through . . .
    It starts E - G (and then just follows this progression) D - A - E - G.
    It continues the D,A,E,G progression all the way to the end but ends on E (then an implied E5) as it slows, not continuing the progression to G) D - A - E (E5).
    Basically just play E - G - D - A - E - G - D - A - E - G - D - A - continue this progression over and over, but at the end it slows and ends E - G - D - A - E (E5)
    Cheers . . .

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • quapquap Posts: 27
    i think i know what are you requesting i think there is a moment that mike mccready stops the solo and do e,g,d,a chords while stone gossard strarts a little riff 4 times or so and then mccready go again in the solo and gossard goes again in the chorus riff but playing the open chords this time till end

the riff i refer of gossard is like that:

e---x-7--7-7-7-7-5-5-5-5-5-5-5--7-7
    b---x-7--7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7--7-7
    g
    d
    a
    E
    i hope this was your question.. this riff is visible in live vids example alive in saturday night live
  • quap wrote:
    i think i know what are you requesting i think there is a moment that mike mccready stops the solo and do e,g,d,a chords while stone gossard strarts a little riff 4 times or so and then mccready go again in the solo and gossard goes again in the chorus riff but playing the open chords this time till end

the riff i refer of gossard is like that:

e---x-7--7-7-7-7-5-5-5-5-5-5-5--7-7
    b---x-7--7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7--7-7
    g
    d
    a
    E
    i hope this was your question.. this riff is visible in live vids example alive in saturday night live

yes, thats it! i actually looked this up on my own and tried it with my band, and that is exactly the little riff i meant.....thanks for putting it up, so others can see it now that i finally got it, been playing this song for years and always knew there was something missing in that part
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • quapquap Posts: 27
    hhehehehe no problem mate,
    i love this song