Drummer Needed- Long Island

StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
anyone?

we play originals/covers (PJ, weezer, nirvana, STP, neil young, tiffaney)

practice thursday nights

we have a spot opening for our friends' band whenever they play, biggest bar in Long Beach
"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• how old are you guys?

i have a friend that is 17 but hes the most amazing thing I have ever seen, no joke

he can play Moby Dick (by zeppelin) with one hand, and that is no exaggeration...hes better than any drummer ive ever seen....his speed on the double bass pedal is faster than 90% of the people we listen to with triple bass pedals
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • how old are you guys?

i have a friend that is 17 but hes the most amazing thing I have ever seen, no joke
    shit, i forgot to write age...........we are late 20's/early 30's

i would love to play with your friend, but anywhere we play would be 21 and up, might cause problems

how old does he LOOK???
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • StuffnJunk wrote:
    shit, i forgot to write age...........we are late 20's/early 30's

i would love to play with your friend, but anywhere we play would be 21 and up, might cause problems

how old does he LOOK???

he looks like hes in his early 20s...hes really tall

im gonna record with him this weekend and ill send it to you, hes amazing
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • cool........i am a bit computer illiterate, what do you need to send it to me? my email address?

also, why aren't you playing with him? are you already in a band?
  • StuffnJunk wrote:
    cool........i am a bit computer illiterate, what do you need to send it to me? my email address?

also, why aren't you playing with him? are you already in a band?

yeah when i get it recorded, sometime next week

i asked him today he wasnt much interested in it

i jam with him every time i jam with a drummer...so you could say we are in a band but not really, me and him are practicing Hey You for our variety show next week and he does stuff like that...maybe if theres an open spot at a club we will sign up for it and just play some classic stuff like zeppelin...or we will do instrumental on what we jam to...thats about it

• i asked him today he wasnt much interested in it
    well, i guess thats that

thanks anyhow
  • Looking for drummer?
    herre in Quebec we have music colleges.
    I guess you have that too! lol
    Go to the schools near were you live.
    And post adds on a board somewhere....That's how I got my drummer 2 years a go..from college. They all want to jam!!!!!!!!
    They learn to be funky and loose in college!!!!

peace!!
    Pierre

I live in Laval, I'm looking for some musicians to make a band. Drum, bass and guitar are needed. More songs with voices can be sent on demand.
    www.myspace.com/fridayzodds
    www.myspace.com/vignesartichots
  • Looking for drummer?
    herre in Quebec we have music colleges.
    I guess you have that too! lol
    Go to the schools near were you live.
    And post adds on a board somewhere....That's how I got my drummer 2 years a go..from college. They all want to jam!!!!!!!!
    They learn to be funky and loose in college!!!!

peace!!
    good idea!

i actually made signs, and drove around today putting them up at music stores.........i will hit the colleges tomorrow

thanks