good place to record a demo on long island?

StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
edited April 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
we usually go to lyric studios but they are "between engineers" right now.........can anyone recommend another studio, or even someone who is into recording that can make a good quality demo in their basement?
"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Jupiter 4

http://www.myspace.com/jupiter4studio

Rockaway Beach isn't terribly far from Long Island :)
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Check out http://www.soundroomstudios.com/srs_locations.html

I rehearsed there once with my teachers band, and it was pretty nice. They have rehearsal space, and recording facilities.

Its in Lindenhurst, Suffolk County.
  • I know of a friend who had a whole recording studio in his basement, it's a pretty nice setup nothing crazy. If you want I can give him your information and I will do the same. He lives in Babylon.

But whatever you do, don't go to Dare Studios...biggest rip off ever.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    reviving an old thread of mine, cuz i have the same question now!

any others?
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young