eddie finally played a strat!

StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
edited June 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
i sight i'd never thought i'd see, in the photo section for the Munich show:

http://pearljam.com/tour/index-photos.php
"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fragileblakefragileblake Posts: 716
    Fucking wild. Is it just me or does Ed go through phases where he only plays one style of guitar?
  • Fucking wild. Is it just me or does Ed go through phases where he only plays one style of guitar?
    Tele till the riot act tour.. then Sg,.. then tele again..

and in the past couple of years I've seen him with a tele, Sg, Les Paul, Strat, Guibson hollow body (though it's been around since at least 98)..

I love that he's switching it around but when I think of Ed with a guitar my mind is always gonna go strait to a tele.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    He's also had a Ric and a Sitar(used on No Way, the two times they played it).
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    He's also had a Ric and a Sitar(used on No Way, the two times they played it).

Sitar???? Is there a pic out there anywhere of ed with the sitar?
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    moho wrote:

It's not a sitar in the traditional sense, it's a Coral Electric Sitar if I'm not mistaken. It's pretty much just like a normal guitar but it feeds the strings through something that makes it ring and drone in a way that sounds (sort of) like a sitar. He also played it at Grand Rapids 2006 on Parting Ways.

There used to be a video on YouTube of them playing No Way live with Ed using the sitar but I can't find it anymore.

Hopefully this helps:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_sitar
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    moho wrote:
    Single Video Theory during "no way"
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    and in the past couple of years I've seen him with a tele, Sg, Les Paul, Strat, Guibson hollow body (though it's been around since at least 98)..

i can't ever recall seeing him play a strat......when did you see him play one?
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    There was another thread about this. Jeff's rockin his old bass as well in a couple pics.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    there was video on You Tube but I can't findit of No Way live. What bas is Jeff using now?
  • StuffnJunk wrote:
    i can't ever recall seeing him play a strat......when did you see him play one?
    :p

Great find btw, I would've completely missed it.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • stone has his sweet beard again!!!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    Which board does Stone have? His normal one that's the size of an ocean liner? (Oh wait, that's Omar's from the Mars Volta)