The Darkness?

pearljam559pearljam559 Posts: 33
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
HEy, I was just wondering what ya'll think of the Band "The Darkness"? I really think they are an awesome band. Ya they are a differnet flavor, but Hey you have to admit, They have some Pretty damn cool guitar solos. which it seems like know one has the balls to do hardly anymore. But I think they are soo funny as well
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    queen did it first......and best.
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    Justin Hawkins and the darkness are great! The only person in rock who can pull off shouting "GUITAR!" before a solo.
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • miskinmiskin Posts: 278
    ive seen them live at londons wembley arena, they were great. it wasnt just music, it was an actual show. with multiple costume changes, fireworks, you name it, they had it. oh yeh and a massive tiger thing which justin hawkins rode out over the crwosd to perform solo to love on the rocks.

awesome
    myspace.com/airstriponeuk
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,118
    gotta love "growing on me".....probably the first song ever written about genital warts...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • pearljam559pearljam559 Posts: 33
    in my opinion queen sucks!! Their Music was just as gay as they were!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404

wow, Freddie Mercury was one of the greatest rock front men ever. So he was gay so what? David Bowie and Mick Jagger reportedly fooled around as well that doesn't make them suck musically. Justin Hawkins is pretty androgenous himself. That's a pretty big dis for Brian May as well, one of the most important and influential guitarists of all time and not gay.

The Vox AC 30 top boost and the Dallas Rangemaster owe much of thier fame to Brian May. His playing was the roots for the bands that you like and some of the gratutious guitar solos you speak of..

The Burns company bought the rights to his homemade Red Special guitar, and they've made a killing on it.

Suck is a pretty strong word for Queen.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    wow, Freddie Mercury was one of the greatest rock front men ever. So he was gay so what? David Bowie and Mick Jagger reportedly fooled around as well that doesn't make them suck musically. Justin Hawkins is pretty androgenous himself. That's a pretty big dis for Brian May as well, one of the most important and influential guitarists of all time and not gay.

The Vox AC 30 top boost and the Dallas Rangemaster owe much of thier fame to Brian May. His playing was the roots for the bands that you like and some of the gratutious guitar solos you speak of..

The Burns company bought the rights to his homemade Red Special guitar, and they've made a killing on it.

queen is awesome. i have a copy of their greatest hits album, the euro import, and i wore that thing out. great great stuff.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Queen lost me when they sang "no time for losers" at Live Aid. Er, sensitive, chaps.

The Darkness is a bit of a one trick pony but a talented one. They're certainly talented musicians in that band.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:

Yeah, this is one band that gay bashers should leave alone. They were a little wishy washy, so what? May, is with out a doubt one of the most influential guitarists of all time. He has his own tone, and I know a ton of straight guys who try to emulate him. With that being said, name another band of their strength that had the harmony of the Beach Boys, combined with a fresh pop sound that is still timeless today?

A little Gay? Maybe, but I bet you listent to Judas Priest anyway ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • oyster jellyoyster jelly Posts: 107
    Queen are one of the most influential rock bands of all time. I own all their albums and even though the last one DOES actually suck, the rest of their catalog is legendary. Freddie Mercury was the best showman I have ever seen; on video, I never saw them live unfortunately; and Brian May is a guitar monster. The harmonics he gets live are mindboggling. Just because you never heard the music because all you can see is the bisexual frontman, then i feel sorry for your closemindedness. Just MY opinion.
    " A toast to Buffalo...who new it could be so beautiful..." EV 5/2/03

" This one's for the home team...."
    Eddie before they broke out Rats 5/12/06

Buffalo 5/2/03
    Albany 5/12/06
  • MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
    Yah Queen rules, I agree.

But.. this thread is about the darkness!! Man I love those guys. Seriously their guitar solos are catchy as hell. Who makes "catchy" guitar solos? well the darkness that's who.

Growing on em is a wicked song. They have wicked gear (like unbelievable) and get wicked tone out of it.
    One of them owns a black beauty that was custom made for jimmy page!!!

They are really good Pop Rock song writers. And I don't use pop rock in a negative way. Hawkings writes the most hilarious lyrics, and then sings them with a straight face. He has also claimed he was sent to the earth by God to destroy screamo bands and "nu" metal. This is another thing I can get into :)

My favorite song of theirs is "growing on me" currently. The most awesome lyric ever "I don't even know who is growing on who" HAHAHA and it's said really fast. You guys know the part I mean? NOw theres a deep lyric...who is growing on who? deep.... real deep.... :)

I can't wait until they put out a new album. SHould be good.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Darkness are great. I saw them last year and they are one of the most entertaining bands I've ever seen. Justin Hawkins OWNED the crowd.

I remember one par tin particular when he had the entire festival holding one hand in the air, waving it around, while standing on one leg :D Great fun!.

Justin : Who loves Power Ballads?
    Crowd : *Big Cheer*
    Justin : Who REALLY loves power ballads?
    Crowd : *Bigger cheer*

Then they played 'love is only a feeling'
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    Yes what is the big deal about Judius Priest being a HUGE metal god? Come ON!! ok I'll give him the fact that he had a hit or maybe two back in the day. But what makes him a Metal god? a metal god to me is Metallica before they sold out. Pantera, And the biggest heavy metal god ever the late, Dimebag Darrell!! Judius is gay, and his music sucks!!!

and The same goes for queen, they had like three hits, what makes them Heavy metal Gods? thats like saying that the backstreet boys are metal gods, Come on!!!
    THey are an amazing band with ALOT of talent!! its sort of like another Spinal Tap, but they aren't doing it to be funny, they are doing it to be Bad Ass rockstars!
    Yes what is the big deal about Judius Priest being a HUGE metal god? Come ON!! ok I'll give him the fact that he had a hit or maybe two back in the day. But what makes him a Metal god? a metal god to me is Metallica before they sold out. Pantera, And the biggest heavy metal god ever the late, Dimebag Darrell!! Judius is gay, and his music sucks!!!

and The same goes for queen, they had like three hits, what makes them Heavy metal Gods? thats like saying that the backstreet boys are metal gods, Come on!!!
    Queen has three greatest hit ALBUMS out. And JUDAS Priest was a band, not a man. Are you like 8? Try to know what you are TALKING ABOUT before you open your mouth, or in this case, type it.

Buffalo 5/2/03
    Albany 5/12/06
    Judias Priest, what a moron!

Buffalo 5/2/03
    Albany 5/12/06
  • JasmineJasmine Posts: 22
    UNDONE*21 wrote:
    Justin Hawkins and the darkness are great! The only person in rock who can pull off shouting "GUITAR!" before a solo.

LOL! I totally agree.. that's the biggest joke of life!
    I can't say that I dig them, but you have to respect them artistically. And they're good for a laugh.
    hahaha... "GUITAR"... hahaha! classic. *wipes tear*
    ONWARD!... but not upward... that would be weird.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873

Who ever said Queen were heavy Metal gods? People are just saying they're deadly. And they're right. freddie Mercury was possibly the best Frontman EVER! Brian May was a brilliant, and extremely influential gutarist. They wrote catchy rock tunes that are loved the world over.

And comparing Queen to Backstreet Boys is blasphemy. Shame on you. You should burn for that.

Sorry bout that -Back on track now.

DARKNESS ROCK!!!! :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • The ManThe Man Posts: 15
    miskin wrote:
    ive seen them live at londons wembley arena, they were great. it wasnt just music, it was an actual show. with multiple costume changes, fireworks, you name it, they had it. oh yeh and a massive tiger thing which justin hawkins rode out over the crwosd to perform solo to love on the rocks.

awesome
    did you go to the staurday or sunday?
    cant remember when it was but when he started to play his guitar on the tiger flying around it was great