New Pearl Jam?

pearljam559pearljam559 Posts: 33
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Honestly, Do you think there will EVER be another Pearl Jam, or someone that sounds close? In my opinion, I seriously doubt it. With all the talent this band has, how great they get along together, and how amazing each member is. Oh, and did I mention, they TOTALLY KICK SERIOUS ASS!!!!!!!

Brandon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I dunno about another Pearl Jam. Though I was wondering earlier how many others have already tried to be. Sounding kinda close is a possibility though. I, for instance, am heavily influenced by the band when I come to song writing. Though at the same time im conscious of this fact, so do my best to keep my own sound rather than just sounding like a carbon copy. Heh, so give me and my band a couple of years and you should like our music!
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • pearljam559pearljam559 Posts: 33
    Do you think you will ever love a band as much a Pearl Jam, or be influenced more by another band?

Brandon
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    i'm 28, i've been obsessed with PJ since i was 15......if there is a "new pearl jam" i will be too old to like them, i will think they suck......just like older people who like neil young and the who probably think pearl jam are a shitty imitation of their heroes
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Isn't Pearl Jam another Crazy Horse?

;)

If you mean "Will there ever be another great rock band that puts out consistently great records, and plays every show like it's their last" I'd say that you will be waiting a while. The industry doesn't support that kind of talent at the moment...but yeah...there will be others. It's a cycle.
  • Yeah there's some good points. If there were to be another band similar, the audience would be totally different. Most likely younger generations rather than those that were original PJ fans. And although i'd like to think the current industry would cater for such music, i dont really think it'd be received as well as it could be. I guess time will tell. I dont think there's enough decent rock music, or talented musicians on the scene at the moment.
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    I think creed had a pretty good try at ripping off Pearl Jam :D
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
    HELL NO THE DIDN'T!!!!

CREED IS TOTALLY THE WORST BAND THAT HAS EVER MADE AN ALBUM!! THEY HAVE NO TALENT!!! Did anyone Catch their lead singer sing the National Anthem During the world Series last year? I just WANTED TO SCREAM!!! Someone with a voice like that shouldn't even be allowed to stand infront of a Mic!!! But I do respect them for making music and being rich.

Brandon
  • People have asked this question after a lot of good bands. Like, "Will there ever be another Beatles" or Rolling Stones, or Led Zeppelin. There will be other awesome bands that form. Will any of them ever influence me personally the way that Pearl Jam did? No. But other bands will effect other people in a similar way. "It's all the same, only the names will change." - name that quote.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    HELL NO THE DIDN'T!!!!

CREED IS TOTALLY THE WORST BAND THAT HAS EVER MADE AN ALBUM!! THEY HAVE NO TALENT!!! Did anyone Catch their lead singer sing the National Anthem During the world Series last year? I just WANTED TO SCREAM!!! Someone with a voice like that shouldn't even be allowed to stand infront of a Mic!!! But I do respect them for making music and being rich.

Brandon

Now now, I never mentioned that they were actually any good! I agree with you on everything you said :D

I was just suggesting they have a pretty similar sound.
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
    See I've heard a million people say that, but I don't they think they sound like them at all. to me that is like saying Nirvana sounds like Pearl Jam.
  • SteveMurraySteveMurray Posts: 66
    im sure in time there will be another equivilent to 'pearl jam'. we are just a very small generation on the scale of things
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    enharmonic wrote:
    Isn't Pearl Jam another Crazy Horse?

;)

If you mean "Will there ever be another great rock band that puts out consistently great records, and plays every show like it's their last" I'd say that you will be waiting a while. The industry doesn't support that kind of talent at the moment...but yeah...there will be others. It's a cycle.

Indeed, indeed. The pendulum will eventually fall back to honest music.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • I've always held them up pretty high but the 03 tour started me thinking they might be the best ever, to my ears. I'm sure others feel the same way. It would be extremely hard for another band to bring the same level of talent and dynamic to the table, with each person being one of the best at what they do.
    hate was just a legend