What brand of Echo effect does Mike use?

pearljam559pearljam559 Posts: 33
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
What brand of Echo Effect does Mike use in songs like, "Nothing as it seems"?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
    his delays are Boss Dm-2 (sometimes Dm-3) and Line 6 DM-4.

the other effects are the Rotovibe and the Fender Blender.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • pearljam559pearljam559 Posts: 33
    What if I'm just starting out with effects, what would you recommend I buy to sound like Mike? like distortion and all. I know I have to buy a Ibanez tubescreamer, but what else. thanks!
  • dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
    What if I'm just starting out with effects, what would you recommend I buy to sound like Mike? like distortion and all. I know I have to buy a Ibanez tubescreamer, but what else. thanks!
    what kind of amp and guitar do you currently have? Mike mainly plays Fender Strats and Gibson Les Pauls (but also has teles, SGs, E335s, etc.). Having a tube amp is going to be a big factor in getting the McCready tone as well.

yes, the Ibanez ts9 is a main ingredient. Depending on your budget, look into different replica models of the ts9 or modded versions of the ts9 (Keeley, Analogman, Indyguitarist, etc.).

go to the gear section of http://www.giventowail.com for info on what gear the boys use...very resourceful site.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • FNYNKEZFNYNKEZ Posts: 75
    Anyone have any idea at the delay setting he uses? How many Miliseconds? That's the hard part to get right.
    I never really cared about you
    I never really got to thinking about you
  • sustainediasustainedia Posts: 112
    good delay pedal for under $150? in other words, if you had known then what you know now, you would buy what and wouldn't buy what. i'm tired of buying shit and selling it for half what i paid, then buying better shit, selling it for half what i paid. i just got the shannon overdrive. oh my god.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    He's pretty much scrapped the old boss stuff for now in favor of the Line 6 DL-4.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.