Pearl Jam Signature Series Stratocaster

pearljam559pearljam559 Posts: 33
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok I'm sick of all this shit about Signature Series Fender Stratocasters!!

When in the hell are they going to come out with a "REAL" Guitar like Mike McCready, or Stone Gossard Signature Series Stratocaster? If they ever did I would by like Freaking 5 of them!!!!!!

Brandon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• There's no need for this. I'm pretty sure that Mike and Stone use vintage Strats in which everything is left stock.

Basically getting a 57 reissue is going to be pretty damn close...either that or a custom shop relic.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Ya dude, But just the fact that they would have one would be SOOO Awesome!!! Don't you agree?
  • I hate the idea of signature guitars. It's only a way to make easy money for the respective brand names. Look at the mark up on the Jimmy Page custom authentic les pauls.. and the first 50 (or 75? not sure) les pauls that were signed and played by page himself.
  • I hate the idea of signature guitars. It's only a way to make easy money for the respective brand names. Look at the mark up on the Jimmy Page custom authentic les pauls.. and the first 50 (or 75? not sure) les pauls that were signed and played by page himself.

But guitars like the Page and Slash Les Paul are for either serious collectors or serious fans. I would love to have a Page Les Paul and if I had enough moolah, I would definatley have one, if not for the novelty, then for the collectible value.
  • The resale on the new Jimmy Page models aint bad. New they are quite steep. I guess thats the price to play a replica of the greatest rock and roll guitarist's number 1 ax.

Personally I would buy a stock Paul and add coil taps and phase switches.
  • You just brought up two of the items I was thinking about when I typed that post. Page, and Slash. Slash actually uses his signature gear.
    I think that was the deal with gibson and him.. that if the guitar wasn't good enough for him to play live then it shouldn't be released. Same with his Marshall 2555sl's. And Page personally inspected the first 50 replicas.. so.. I guess there are some exceptions with signature gear, but the majority of it I would probably stay away from. Personally, I want a slash signature amp.. only because it's the same thing as a silver jubilee.. if either or were presented to me at the right time for the right price, sold.
  • Come on guys!! Its just Money!!!! Who cares? I would buy one or two!!! lol then when all my friend came over brag about it! lol
  • Come on guys!! Its just Money!!!! Who cares? I would buy one or two!!! lol then when all my friend came over brag about it! lol

You're exactly right. It's only money. :)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Basically it comes down to the fact that Mikey and Stone are playing for Pearl Jam. If you could find the greatest guitarist ever to walk the earth, give him a guitar and put him on stage with the guys he'd get about as much recognition as Mike and Stone do. Because they are so far from the public's eye, and have been for so long, the recognition won't come. If anyone deserves it, it is Mikey. That being said, he doesn't seem like the type that would give a shit either way. He'd be happy with his badass '59 Strat that he is currently playing.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    mca47 wrote:
    Basically it comes down to the fact that Mikey and Stone are playing for Pearl Jam. If you could find the greatest guitarist ever to walk the earth, give him a guitar and put him on stage with the guys he'd get about as much recognition as Mike and Stone do. Because they are so far from the public's eye, and have been for so long, the recognition won't come. If anyone deserves it, it is Mikey. That being said, he doesn't seem like the type that would give a shit either way. He'd be happy with his badass '59 Strat that he is currently playing.

that, and you can currently get a 59 Strat Relic from the custom shop and have it look exactly like his for an upcharge. All for the nice price of about $5,000.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    that, and you can currently get a 59 Strat Relic from the custom shop and have it look exactly like his for an upcharge. All for the nice price of about $5,000.

gentlemen, excalibur.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=9275000331

or for about the price of a used civic...the genuine article.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Vintage-59-1959-Stratocaster_W0QQitemZ7351533287QQcategoryZ47069QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.