Beginner PJ Songs for guitar

i_am_a_wishlisti_am_a_wishlist Posts: 628
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok So I'm a beginner guitar player (6 months) and I want to know if there are any easy Pearl Jam songs to bust out on the acoustic. I can play the acoustic Last Kiss and a pretty crude 3 chord version of Off He Goes and I've attempted Lukin. Other songs I can play some of are Father and Son, some of Wish You Were Here and a little bit of Stairway To Heaven and some varous other bits. My music knowledge is very limited also cause I've only just started. But if anybody knows where to get some tab for some simple PJ songs that would be cool.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• http://www.giventowail.com, just flick through see what you can or can't do that's what i did
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Not For You or Elderly Woman. I think those are the easiest.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Betterman was the 1st PJ song I learned it is pretty easy :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    If some songs seem to hard at first just practice some riffs. I learned the riffs in mfc and rearview mirror and sad pretty early (but even that seemed hard for a while). Try playing bits and pieces of yellow ledbetter as well, you won't be able to sound like mike but you'd be surprised at how impressive a rough version of that song sounds. Its only really three chords.

The best songs to learn if you wanna improve quickly though are zeppelin songs. That's what i found anyway.
  • FNYNKEZFNYNKEZ Posts: 75
    Go, Do the Evolution, Save You, ..Small Town, Black

are all pretty easy but diverse enough so that you learn a few new things along the way.
    I never really cared about you
    I never really got to thinking about you
  • tmud91087tmud91087 Posts: 97
    rearviewmirror is cakey...um in my tree isnt too bad and its great fun to play.
    5/24/06 - Boston
    5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08 - Mansfield
    6/30/08 - Mansfield
    8/2/08 - Eddie in Boston (FRONT ROW!)