Stone's Acoustics

edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi, just wondering if anyone could tell me which acoustic guitars Stone played on the last tour?
the needle & the damage done
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Hi, just wondering if anyone could tell me which acoustic guitars Stone played on the last tour?

Taylor Guitars.

http://www.taylorguitars.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Cheers :D

*10 characters*
    the needle & the damage done
  • Im not sure if it was on the last tour, but I heard he usues the taylor baby
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    taylor 710s
    Im not sure if it was on the last tour, but I heard he usues the taylor baby

They had them in Memphis at the hotel when I was there. The babies are strictly for playing around on in the room, warming up, maybe writing on the bus etc. 710's are the performance models.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Yeah, my info is probably pretty inacurate, I was only looking for what guitars he uses all round, but that brings me onto another question, what does stoney play in the studio version of daughter?
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
    Yeah, my info is probably pretty inacurate, I was only looking for what guitars he uses all round, but that brings me onto another question, what does stoney play in the studio version of daughter?

tough question, you might catch a hint in the VS liner notes pics. studio stuff is very difficult because none of us are on the inside (for all we know)

I know he was using a hamer duo tone live for a while and then strats with fishman power bridges, but those are very thin and no studio engineer would likely let him record one of those when they have so many other options.