McCready Creamy tone!

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all,
i am a guitar player with a good question i suppose. Ive seen many videos of McCready playing guitar, blah blah, we all have. But in his live performances, usually during solos, hwo does he get that creamy sound. an AMAZING example is even flow solo from Live at teh garden. That "creaminess" is what ive been after, but i dont know where to start. I have a marshall half stack, so i kind of benifit from the get go, i also have a les paul AND two strats, so again, im winning. For pedals i dont have much, i have a dunlop wah, and a Digicrap RP80. Now i know his only modulation in aroudn these times were the line 6 mm4, and dl4. So if you guys knwo what im talking about, hwo does he get that nice not queel, but layered cream effect. Ive been dying to rip liek that in my garage, but the hours of fiddling needs to come to a final answer, please help, thanks all!

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sorry, if you want a time on the "layered creaminess" in the even flow from the garden, its more less 3:10 into the song (not the dvd or chapter) another good example too is 5:04 - 5:48 on black from Benaroya Hall (2003). I knwo there is delay/tremelo basically through that part, but there is still another modulation behidn it, just wondering if anybody knwos, thanks again

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
    Mmm... cream.

http://giventowail.com lists all of the band member's gear.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?