Last call for solo contest participants, check list and make sure i included you!

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all,

last call to sign up for the contest. The sample track is gonna be maggot brain-ish, which progresses into a neil young rythem, so slow to something with a bit more drive just to get some more feeling out of your guy's solos. The following people have signed up and given me thier email, if you have signed up, but dont't see yourself, its either because I didn't see you post it, or didn't recieve your email. Please just PM me with the information. The backing track should be done for the weekend. Then we will have 2 weeks to get them back to me...

Participants:

Harrisonmerwin
Thumbing My Way
J.D.
moster78
Dirty_Frank
keeponrockin
pahoehoe13
Guitarhero27
gobrowns19
jbd
beav

just so you know, i will email you the backing track and an Email which will tell you what you need to include. Just so you know, ill tell you now.

You will need to include the following info:

- Guitar used (make, model, and year if you know it)
- Amplifier(s) used (make, model, and year if you know it)
- Pedal(s) used
- Recording software/method of recording

this stuff is not being judged, it will just answer alot of questions people may have about your tone, and it will be nice to see what we use. please check your JUNK EMAIL FOLDERS for the email (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:lilwindmil_15@hotmail.com">lilwindmil_15@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->), as they may detect my email, and attachment as SPAM. I give you my 100% garuntee that it is a safe file, and contains no corrupt media. I will attach an MP3 and a WAV sample of the track, just so you guys have the option of what you need. Also, so free recording software links will be included, and if you need help start a thread here, and i will answer your question in detail. Lastly, you will have 2 week time to complete the project and have it in my INBOX (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:lilwindmil_15@hotmail.com">lilwindmil_15@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->) from the time i send it. If you had a techinical problem, just let me know and we will work it out. The file you send must be less than 7MB in size, and the original sample track cannot be edited in length, structure, or effect. You may EQ though to suit your guitar if needed. I think this is all you need to know, and please PM me with any concerns. Hopefully i will have the sample track to you by the weekend. Thanks Guys

Harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bump?
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • CanvasAdamCanvasAdam Posts: 134
    i'll jump in.

will either use my 1962 fender strat or 1976 gibson s-1 for a little wing/maggot brain type song. will have to hear it 1st.

probably 1996 4x10 marshal cabinet with a 84 fender tweed amp head.

ibanez tube screamer, dunlop cry baby, danelectro dan echo will for sure be used on that type of song. depending on what the track sounds like i may use some others.

if i do it at home i'll use pro tools LE, if i do it at work i'll use pro tools TDM.

edit: email is canvasadam@yahoo.com
    1998... 9/3
    2000... 8/7, 8/15, 11/5, 11/6
    2001... 10/20, 10/21, 10/22
    2002... 12/8, 12/9
    2003... 4/9, 4/18, 4/19, 7/8, 7/9
    2004... 10/6, 10/8
    2006... 5/16, 5/17, 5/30
    2008... EV Solo 4/12, 4/13, 4/16
    2008... PJ 6/14, 7/12
    2008... Stone Solo 10/11
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    mayb get each person to also submit a tab of their solo so afte rthe comp people can see what others did and learn from them

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Pappas wrote:
    mayb get each person to also submit a tab of their solo so afte rthe comp people can see what others did and learn from them

I'm just gunna wing mine when I hear the backing track......

I won't be able to tab it out I don't think :(
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • J.D.J.D. Posts: 73
    I'm just gunna wing mine when I hear the backing track......

I won't be able to tab it out I don't think :(

Yeah me too. It'll all be improvised.

Tabing out three+ minutes of solo could take a bit of time too.

I'm sure if people hear a run or phrase that they like, the contestants will give a bit of insight though.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Three minutes is gonna be tough. I think I'll approach it like Little Wing though.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    ill just rip someone elses solo in the same key

lmao joking, you will know mine is origional by how much it will suck

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • 88mmm88mmm Posts: 4
    I'd like to get in on the contest. PM is on the way
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    ditto to that last post. pm is on its way too from me.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • Pappas wrote:

i could never play teh same solo twice, not to mention tab it. every musician you like (well rock i geuss) doesnt write and figure out solos' they just play what they feel. as soon as you start to write it down and figure stuff out, it takes the feeling out. Spontinuity is definately one of th ebiggest aspects in guitar soloing.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    i could never play teh same solo twice, not to mention tab it. every musician you like (well rock i geuss) doesnt write and figure out solos' they just play what they feel. as soon as you start to write it down and figure stuff out, it takes the feeling out. Spontinuity is definately one of th ebiggest aspects in guitar soloing.

I always wing it. Almost all of my 'recordings' are one take. :p
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Harrison--sent you a PM but you didn't reply.

I'm not quite good enough for a solo of my own but I'll be happy to help judge. Good ear, bad fingers. =)
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    This is a really cool idea. Just sent a PM to ya.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • i would, but i don't have the equipment to record with. :(
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • just sent a PM.

hopefully I'm not too late.

Thanks!
    :D
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
    is this still happening?
    havent heard nethin yet...

i say we should submit our solos to a backing of a live version of black :)

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    i'm bad with deadlines...but glad to be included and will submit on time :)
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • sandozsandoz Posts: 166
    really great plan... What happen ? i do not participate, but i 'm wondering if every person here could listen each participant and maybe vote for our favorite... when the great contest solo start ? ... some news?
    i guess the hardest thing to do it's not to play but record on computer...
  • Pappas wrote:

i say we should submit our solos to a backing of a live version of black :)

That is a really good idea for this place in particular.

Hmmmm.,...

Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    That is a really good idea for this place in particular.

Hmmmm.,...

Nah, lets be original, instead of trying to copy Mike, which, lets all admit now, is impossible.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    It's times like these that I wish I had recording software on my computer...
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
    so are we going to get a backing track or what? im keen to do a king dick solo (with my amateur guitar skills lmao)

www.myspace.com/pappas99