I need Some Monitors for the garage...

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all,

Youve probly read my rants abotu various equipment but here is where i lack...i need a decent rig for the garage...I have all the mic's, i have a mixer etc....for recording purposes, but we're looking into getting into live sound. SO what i am askign is what is needed for a rock band (guitar bass vocals drums) to amplify the sound. I was thinking just a pair of speakers would do (for vocals and possibly everythign but drums) so what do you think qould suit, these would work for rehearsing at the jam spot, and would also sub in for our live stuff (it would be very small, like coffee shop, friends basement/patio) so just tell me what you think i shoudl be looking for (i dont need brands, il determine that after i decide what i need)

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hey all,

Youve probly read my rants abotu various equipment but here is where i lack...i need a decent rig for the garage...I have all the mic's, i have a mixer etc....for recording purposes, but we're looking into getting into live sound. SO what i am askign is what is needed for a rock band (guitar bass vocals drums) to amplify the sound. I was thinking just a pair of speakers would do (for vocals and possibly everythign but drums) so what do you think qould suit, these would work for rehearsing at the jam spot, and would also sub in for our live stuff (it would be very small, like coffee shop, friends basement/patio) so just tell me what you think i shoudl be looking for (i dont need brands, il determine that after i decide what i need)

harrison

In all its all about how much money you wanna spend. I rehearse at a buddys house, four piece (two guitars, bass and drums). Just have three 15" community wedge style monitors on the floor one at each guitar player (cause they sing too), and one at the drummer. I play bass and don't need one, there is a 4th over there if I needed it, but I just need to hear the drums and the guitars, we don't mic anything just send the vocals thru it. Works out well for us.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • In all its all about how much money you wanna spend. I rehearse at a buddys house, four piece (two guitars, bass and drums). Just have three 15" community wedge style monitors on the floor one at each guitar player (cause they sing too), and one at the drummer. I play bass and don't need one, there is a 4th over there if I needed it, but I just need to hear the drums and the guitars, we don't mic anything just send the vocals thru it. Works out well for us.

hmm...

i geuss monitors wasn't really teh correct term i should have used come to think of it. I just need a small PA rig i geuss, that will also help out in the garage as monitors. Is 2 15"speakers enough to use with a band for small gigs?

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • hmm...

i geuss monitors wasn't really teh correct term i should have used come to think of it. I just need a small PA rig i geuss, that will also help out in the garage as monitors. Is 2 15"speakers enough to use with a band for small gigs?

harrison

Yeah two 15's should get the job done.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/