Your favourite album..

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey

lets all be honest. what was your favourite album before guitar, before girls, before you even knew what cool was. Im talking like grade 5-8, what did you hail the most? Ill start, and break the ice.

Blink 182 - Enema of the State

and i still listen to it to this day, more for sentimental reasons as i attach it to a few major events in my life. so what do you guys have...be honest.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    2pac's Greatest Hits
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Hey

lets all be honest. what was your favourite album before guitar, before girls, before you even knew what cool was. Im talking like grade 5-8, what did you hail the most? Ill start, and break the ice.

Blink 182 - Enema of the State

and i still listen to it to this day, more for sentimental reasons as i attach it to a few major events in my life. so what do you guys have...be honest.
    Grew up with super cool older sisters so my first two albums were
    Elton john - Greatest Hits vol I
    Led Zeppelin - IV

then I moved onto
    The Knack - Get The Knack
    Ram Jam - Black Betty
    Chicago - XI

then, thank God, I discovered The Who and Led Zeepelin II.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • depopulationINCdepopulationINC Posts: 2,074
    slade - keep your hands off my power supply

first album I ever bought (i was 7 or so)

was also big into KISS, Twisted Sister and Dire straights

and like all kids my age, Weird Al
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Sgt. Peppers - You All know who they are!!!

Eletric ladyland - JimmiHendrix

Machine Head - Deep purple

Led Zeppelin IV

Morrison Hotel - The Doors
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    N*Sync

I'm ashamed
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • N*Sync

I'm ashamed

:D dont worry, while my first was oasis, my second was savage garden and i think i may have a 5ive single somewhere....
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Stone Roses 1st album.... i still listen to it :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Boston and Van Halen's first albums...

Then I saw Boston on the Don't Look Back tour and knew I had to start playing guitar.
  • My first 2 favorite artists were Billy Joel and the Beach Boys, but the first 2 cassette tapes that I ever bought were Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction, and Mr. Big Lean Into It. I loved those 2 albums.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Because of my mum i developed a very, very early interest in music like Chris Rea, Dire Straits, Billy Joel.

Also though because my parents listened to stuff like Hendrix, Captain Beefheart and Dylan constantly i kinda got into that very young, before going through a silly pop music phase that most people seem to, and then seeing the light again when i was about 17.

Im glad my parents are into good music, some of my friends parents are into cliff richard, barry manilow etc., my mum was into pj before i was actually.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • pearl jam- ten seriously
  • tbone1tbone1 Posts: 21
    Lucky to have an older Bro

So for me it was digging through his records..back in 80-84 or sometime

AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Led Zep
    Bad Co
    Van Halen
    BOC
    Black Sabbath
    Sammy H

So many more

But Aerosmith and AC/DC were the top 2 back then for me.
    Only real stars can rock an arena while sitting down with a notebook and a bottle of wine.
  • Puff Daddy - No Way Out
    7/1/03 ... 9/28/04 ... 5/30/06 ... 6/3/06 ... 6/30/08 ... 8/2/08 (ev solo) ... 10/30/09 ... 10/31/09 ... 5/17/10 ... 5/21/10 ... 3/27/11 (tres mts) ... 6/16/11 (ev solo) ... 10/19/13 ... 8/5/16 ... 8/7/16 ... 9/2/18 ... 9/4/18 ... 9/15/24 ... 9/17/24
  • J.D.J.D. Posts: 73
    Being a bit older, I was huge into KISS during those years, I mean huge into KISS.

I went to my first KISS concert when I was 6 years old, original line-up in 78 at the Providence civic center. The next day I was riding my bike, and being quite deaf from the show, I crossed the street right in front of an old lady and got nailed. Just cuts, scrapes and bruises...

Oh yeah, the question..

My favorite had to be Ace Frehley's solo album.

Definately still give a listen every now and then or I turn up the concert lights in the cellar and play along.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Ha ha!!

Well, they really didn't have rock and roll when I was 5 or 6.
    My album that I liked as a kid was Shel Silverstein. He was a pretty "out there" kids and adult songwriter.
    Songs like "I'm being eaten by a Boa
    Constrictor"

My uncle got me into music in the mid 60's and he sent me down the underground music path. I loved:
    Freak Out - Mothers of Invention,
    The Blues Project
    And Mike Bloomfield/ Al Cooper supersessions
    The Stones and Kinks were my favorite rock music then 1966 hit and I turned into a hippie with all the psychedelic music like Jefferson Airplane, etc.

That's why I ended up this weird! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

what is "grade 5-8" ...? i'v understood 5-8 years !
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I'll admit, in my middle school years I listened to absolute crap, like whatever hair metal band was big at the time, and a bunch of pop that I'm way too embarassed to admit here. It wasn't until I hit 8th or 9th grade and bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Nine Inch Nails and Stone Temple Pilots starting making it big that I got really into music. The beginnings of my current CD collection (started summer of 94) consisted of:

STP - Purple
    Alice In Chains - Dirt
    Green Day - Dookie
    Soundgarden - Superunknown
    NIN - The Downward Spiral

Unfortunately, the PJ CD's (I already had Ten on tape) didn't come until somewhat later.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    My first CD was U2 War I still have the big old box it came in. My first LP was some Cat Stevens album and Diamonds Jazz Singer SoundTrack. My parents took my to see Neil when I was a little kid and I guess I had to have the album. My first 8 track was some crappy BeeGee's thing and of course Kiss.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Aerosmith - Big Ones
    AC/DC - Back In Black
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • TWHoltTWHolt Posts: 404
    Poison-Open up and say ahhhhhhhhhhhhh was my first cassette tape! Loved it! This was about grade 6. Then I got mixed up with Naughty by nature *cringes*. First CD was Appetite for destruction. Grade 8 Ten was released and the rest was history!!!!!
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|Boston 1 24|Boston 2 24|
  • cubbieblue82cubbieblue82 Posts: 292
    When I was in 4th or 5th grade I only really listened to two people:

Bob Marley and Neil Young.

Not too bad for starters if I must say so myself. Too bad my tastes progressed to Hootie and the Blowfish by 6th grade!

I think my first CD was 16 Stone, and I probably got it in 7th grade (94-95).
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • enharmonic wrote:
    Purple Rain

yeee-ouch! haha, whoever said the 5IVE single too...i rememebr those guys, it hink thewre was only 4 though?

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • nside20nside20 Posts: 29
    the police, regatta de blanc
  • WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Journey Evolution was my first LP, not a bad choice really. 4th grade!
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Beastie Boys License to Ill. I was 9 years old.
    EV Solo NY 8/4,5/08
    MSG 6/24,25/08
    Gorge 7/22,23/06
    NJ 6/1/06
    Hartford 5/13/06
    Borgata 10/1/05
    MSG 7/8,9/03
    Uniondale,NY 4/30/03
    Boston 8/30/00
    Jones Beach,NY 8/23,24,25/00
    W.Palm Beach 8/9/00
    MSG 9/10,11/98
    Randalls Island,NY 9/29/96
  • Boom The CatBoom The Cat Posts: 482
    Iron Maidens greatest hits
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • CanvasAdamCanvasAdam Posts: 134
    lol this is kind of funny because yesterday i was flipping through the channels and saw bon jovi on oprah, and i have to admit i stopped to watch it. slippery when wet was my 1st cassette tape in 1986(i was 5 years old) and to this day i remain a huge bon jovi fan thanks to richie sambora. if it weren't for them i would have never picked up the guitar and i wouldn't have my 2 degrees in music. one of my 3 main guitar's on stage to this day is my sambora signature series american strat. love it!
    1998... 9/3
    2000... 8/7, 8/15, 11/5, 11/6
    2001... 10/20, 10/21, 10/22
    2002... 12/8, 12/9
    2003... 4/9, 4/18, 4/19, 7/8, 7/9
    2004... 10/6, 10/8
    2006... 5/16, 5/17, 5/30
    2008... EV Solo 4/12, 4/13, 4/16
    2008... PJ 6/14, 7/12
    2008... Stone Solo 10/11
  • zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    that 5-8 grade timeline is my age! well anyway ill tell you my 2 year old favorite bands-ok brace yourselfs hanson and da spice girls ok there i said laugh all you want but u aint seen nuthin yet when i was 5 i liked ok get ready to head for the toilet-britney spears and boy bands eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • xDanerrr16xDanerrr16 Posts: 10
    the first album i ever bought was the Beach Boys and im not afraid 2 admit that becuase I still love the Beach Boys...but not as much as Pearl Jam!