Fender Professional Series

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all,

Just saw this new series on fender.com, very very interesting. The Super-Sonic 60w head looks awesome, two channels (vintage and overdive) and it has a voice selector of either the bassman or either showman or bassman, cant remember. They retail for $1300US, but zzounds, music123, musiciansfriend have it for $999, anyone seen or played one yet, they weren't on the site last tiem i checked, and i am interested in getting one allready

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Peavey is coming out with an all tube amp that has 5 different amp voices that sounds pretty good.

To me what those line 6 amps and pre amps were all missing was the power tube responce, sure the tone was there, but you just would get the response from the tubes when strumming harder etc... What Peavey and Fender is doing can be the way to fix all this.

Of course others have been doing it for a while now people just never use them for what they are for.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Peavey is coming out with an all tube amp that has 5 different amp voices that sounds pretty good.

To me what those line 6 amps and pre amps were all missing was the power tube responce, sure the tone was there, but you just would get the response from the tubes when strumming harder etc... What Peavey and Fender is doing can be the way to fix all this.

Of course others have been doing it for a while now people just never use them for what they are for.

The Peavy is already out. It's called the Penta.

Mesa Has some cool stuff too.

The Mesa Boogie "progressive linkage" (Road King, Blue Angel etc.) Switchable tube compliments to get different tones.

Rivera Amps is also known for blending the Fender and the Marshall tones well.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/roadking/roadking.htm of course the Road King is twice and a half what the Super sonic costs.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • buy a traynor all tube. got the crunch of a marshall and the warmth of a fender. for a lot cheaper too
  • buy a traynor all tube. got the crunch of a marshall and the warmth of a fender. for a lot cheaper too

I was looking at amps today, and the guy showed me this Traynor:

http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?type=32&cat=18&id=238

He said it was awesome.

I'm gunna seriously start looking in the next little while.......
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • i do need a nice head, vintage-ish. not alot of watts either. Im doing a total hybrid setup with line6 flextone III, and i want to get an orange 2x12 and some 40-75 watt head to accomadate...does traynor make heads?

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • I was looking at amps today, and the guy showed me this Traynor:

http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?type=32&cat=18&id=238

He said it was awesome.

I'm gunna seriously start looking in the next little while.......

Nice. I have the 80 watt version. It's going to be traded in soon for a 50BLUE. 80 watts is just too too much, and it doesn't sound as good as the 40 watt version. The 80 watt one has a master volume and it takes away from the character of the amp that has made it somewhat famous for being so awesome. The 50BLUE has a different tube combo, which gives it a bit more of a britishy character. That is what I'm looking at doing soon. It all depends on how my birthday loot works out...
  • i do need a nice head, vintage-ish. not alot of watts either. Im doing a total hybrid setup with line6 flextone III, and i want to get an orange 2x12 and some 40-75 watt head to accomadate...does traynor make heads?

harrison

I believe that vintage Traynor heads do infact exist, and for a moderate price. You can also check out 70s Fender Bassman heads and some of the Sovtek stuff. It all is fairly basic, clean channel and not overly expensive whatsoever.
  • I believe that vintage Traynor heads do infact exist, and for a moderate price. You can also check out 70s Fender Bassman heads and some of the Sovtek stuff. It all is fairly basic, clean channel and not overly expensive whatsoever.

yeah i actually played a vintage traynor stack, it wasnt bad...just not as good as the series they have out

yo man i actually got to crank my amp to about 4 or 5 yesterday...it got all trebly and not as smoothe anymore....so i put it on the neck pickup and it was good but still a little trebly and rough, i turned down the gain and treble, still existed, sounded like shit
    my clean channel sounded amazing though when i cranked it
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    The Peavy is already out. It's called the Penta.

Mesa Has some cool stuff too.

The Mesa Boogie "progressive linkage" (Road King, Blue Angel etc.) Switchable tube compliments to get different tones.

Rivera Amps is also known for blending the Fender and the Marshall tones well.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/roadking/roadking.htm of course the Road King is twice and a half what the Super sonic costs.

Sorry man, Just read an advertisement on the Peavey, haven't seen one in a store yet. Figured it would be in march sometime. Its a much better idea for a modeling amp then the line 6 way of things. The tube response should be there.

Mesa's are usually used by most people for one tone, which is extremely unfortunately because they are so so versitile.

But what do you do? Can't do nothing I guess!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • yeah i actually played a vintage traynor stack, it wasnt bad...just not as good as the series they have out

yo man i actually got to crank my amp to about 4 or 5 yesterday...it got all trebly and not as smoothe anymore....so i put it on the neck pickup and it was good but still a little trebly and rough, i turned down the gain and treble, still existed, sounded like shit
    my clean channel sounded amazing though when i cranked it

I use next to no treble whatsoever whenever I'm playing loud on the lead channel at 3 tops. You can use more if it's in a band, because you won't notice as much with the bass player filling in the low end.
  • I use next to no treble whatsoever whenever I'm playing loud on the lead channel at 3 tops. You can use more if it's in a band, because you won't notice as much with the bass player filling in the low end.

i had it on 5...next time i crank it ill put it down to 3...at low volumes (bedroom) my settings are:
    gain 7.5
    volume .75
    treb 7
    bass 6.5
    mids 6

that sound is amazing...then i put the BD-2 over that with the tone between 2 and 3 oclock and gain at noon or 1 oclock

i gotta experiment at loud volumes to get that sound when its cranked a little louder

speaking of Mesa...my friend got a lonestar special....i loved it
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore