58 original strat on ebay...with body pics this time, lol

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Original-1958-Fender-Stratocaster_W0QQitemZ7388782388QQcategoryZ38082QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this one has some finish cracks like a mofo, but i think it woudl play insane! enjoy

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Fuck off, you Canadian tool.

Lol, jk.......
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Why oh why oh why oh why would they refinish it?!?

Oh well,

It's at 1200 bucks. Pretty good strat for 1200 bucks.
  • Fuck off, you Canadian tool.

Lol, jk.......

"why can't we just all get along" Rodney King, 1992

haha, thanks bystander

yeah, i dont get the refinish thing, i woudl just attack it with my pick and it woudl give it the vintage look after a while, i really dont knwo how mikes 58 strat (his only child) got that kidn of wear above the pickguard, i dont see how players can do that just by playing...

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • I like the worn out look, but that's ugly.

It just looks like it's in shitty shape
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    It's over $2,000 now.

Forgive my ignorance, but what would a '58 strat in mint or great condition go for?
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • JD Sal wrote:
    It's over $2,000 now.

Forgive my ignorance, but what would a '58 strat in mint or great condition go for?

70 000 maybe.
  • 70 000 maybe.

yeah with the original hard shell case in good condition, as well as a 100% original guitar, not any little gimmicks, $55g-75g pending on the overall condition and who is buying/selling

harrison

• listing canceled.
    :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • listing canceled.
    :(

someone must have given a private offer...too bad, probly some chop shop ebay guy...lol, i love the stratocaster blackmarket

harrison

70 000 maybe.
    yeah with the original hard shell case in good condition, as well as a 100% original guitar, not any little gimmicks, $55g-75g pending on the overall condition and who is buying/selling

harrison

Wow, I had no idea they could sell for that much. Thanks for the info.
  • JD Sal wrote:
    Wow, I had no idea they could sell for that much. Thanks for the info.

if you know your guitars well, you can pick up some REALLY nice stuff for much much cheaper though... i got a 1979 Strat for 1000 bucks, it had a non original bridge pickup, and an non original bridge. May i mention the pickup someone put in it a logn time ago was a 1967-69 Gibson mini-bucker, and the bridge is early 80's kahler bridge, before the company went under (they are back again thuogh) so i bought it for that, cause those alone are worth quite a bit, so what i did was rip the pickup out, got a new pickgaurd, and got a seymour duncan vintage bridge single coil...its awesome, only downfall is i had to keep the bridge in because the body modification is non-reversable...but, hey, it was only a 1000

harrison

if you know your guitars well, you can pick up some REALLY nice stuff for much much cheaper though... i got a 1979 Strat for 1000 bucks, it had a non original bridge pickup, and an non original bridge. May i mention the pickup someone put in it a logn time ago was a 1967-69 Gibson mini-bucker, and the bridge is early 80's kahler bridge, before the company went under (they are back again thuogh) so i bought it for that, cause those alone are worth quite a bit, so what i did was rip the pickup out, got a new pickgaurd, and got a seymour duncan vintage bridge single coil...its awesome, only downfall is i had to keep the bridge in because the body modification is non-reversable...but, hey, it was only a 1000

harrison

Wow, sounds like a great buy. I have a Mexican Fender Strat, but I play mostly acoustic. My baby is a Taylor 314 CE which I bought new for about $1,200.

Since I don't play electric a lot, I'm not real knowledgable about pickups, pedals, etc. I'm amazed at you folks that know about all that stuff.

I recently bought a Fender Ultimate Chorus amp, and I'd like to learn about the peripherals. Where do I start though? Is there a book or a good place to begin?
  • JD,

there is a beuaty in creatign music, there is no rules, fool around, switch them constantly, see what each knob does when tweaked, and then not at all, just to get a feel for it all, just play with it for a couple hours, and the come back here and ask, it will help alot, an dyou might find your tone, if not we woudl all be glad to help you im sure...give it a shot though, the best practise, is...practise

harrison

JD,

there is a beuaty in creatign music, there is no rules, fool around, switch them constantly, see what each knob does when tweaked, and then not at all, just to get a feel for it all, just play with it for a couple hours, and the come back here and ask, it will help alot, an dyou might find your tone, if not we woudl all be glad to help you im sure...give it a shot though, the best practise, is...practise

harrison

Good advice, thanks harrison
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i am offering 6 million