What happened to the stratocaster?

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey!

where did all the strat talk go!!! cmon guys, your letting me and my over-excessive knowledge base down. I know you have an itching desire to know what allan key you need to adjust the bridge on reissue model japanese strats! i know it!

Harrison

ps: its japan, its metric 5/64ths for everyoen else in the world.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ok important strat question:

I have a 1996 MIM Standard Strat. I got it second-hand without a tremolo arm. What kind of replacement arm do I need for it? The replacements on musician's friend say vintage and american, and I think the guy down at the guitar shop told me they need some kind of specific arm to fit with my tremolo system.

Help me guru.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Is the Jeff Beck strat neck profile available on any Telecaster?
  • enharmonic wrote:
    Is the Jeff Beck strat neck profile available on any Telecaster?

I don't think you can buy it that way, but maybe you can track this neck down! (At the end) :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHC0AY1EBhQ

Short of that, a Strat neck fits on a Tele. A Tele neck doesn't quite fit a Strat until you shave the square edges off to fit the rounded body pocket but if you can find a Beck Neck, just screw that sucker on and go!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Yes.

From Warmoth, USACG, and the Fender Custom Shop.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Yes.

From Warmoth, USACG, and the Fender Custom Shop.

Ha! Thanks,,, I was just looking them up.
    I figured Warmouth would have them. I like their stuff.

Is it going onto the Ian Anderson model? :mrgreen:
    Be kind, man
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/anatomy.cfm?fuseaction=modern

they don't specifically have a Jeff Beck profile listed at Warmoth but I think it's pretty close to a Boat or the 59 roundback. maybe more so the 59 roundback.

USACG and the Fender Custom Shop will make anything you want I think.

I love the soft C shaped fender necks too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917

The anderson is a set neck .950 at the first fret to 1.0 at the octave...plenty big :)

I was thinking of doing a partscaster esquire, and hiding a sustainer under the pickguard where the neck pickup would usually go :)
  • yeah the jeff beck neck is just a fat late 50's style neck. im not BIG on the tele side of fender, but anything that states C shape or even D shape (not sure if fender even repro's that stuff on tele's) then you'll be close. Mind you those necks are uncomfortable!!!!well for my style of playing "thumb over barring" allthough they seem to stay straighter, probly because theres more wood in a sturdier shape....just a geuss though.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Okay I'll participate I've got a 2001 american strat that i put lindy fralin blues special pups in man it is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • Novawind wrote:
    Ok important strat question:

I have a 1996 MIM Standard Strat. I got it second-hand without a tremolo arm. What kind of replacement arm do I need for it? The replacements on musician's friend say vintage and american, and I think the guy down at the guitar shop told me they need some kind of specific arm to fit with my tremolo system.

Help me guru.

Ahem,,,,, Vintage is usually what the MIM strats use, but I'll let the guru give the final answer. :)

Ok, I'll participate, too!

I just took apart my American Deluxe Noiseless Pickup S-1 Switching Strat.

Ha ha,,, I NEVER woulda thought of all that wiring! Pretty well done, too! There was also a note in there on a little piece of paper that said, "Hi, I hope you enjoy this guitar. We're having fun today and we're off to happy hour after this. Lisa."

My favorite Strat ever. If you have one, the neck pickup switched on with the button pushed in is a great "In between" neck and middle sound.
    Be kind, man

I was thinking of doing a partscaster esquire, and hiding a sustainer under the pickguard where the neck pickup would usually go :)

Haha!! Nice. I love to tinker like that.
    My next project is to make a body and tilt the neck cavity and the neck and the bridge a little downward so that it's easier to wrap my hand around the neck. Ergonomic! It's been done before, but I've never seen it in person.
    My hands and wrists are kind of losing it lately from playing for so many years. Part age, probably, but good form early on would have helped!
    Be kind, man

Ok, I'll participate, too!

I just took apart my American Deluxe Noiseless Pickup S-1 Switching Strat.

Ha ha,,, I NEVER woulda thought of all that wiring! Pretty well done, too! There was also a note in there on a little piece of paper that said, "Hi, I hope you enjoy this guitar. We're having fun today and we're off to happy hour after this. Lisa."

My favorite Strat ever. If you have one, the neck pickup switched on with the button pushed in is a great "In between" neck and middle sound.

Haha, I love the note there. That's fantastic.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V