My Guitar Gear

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just thought I'd post this up for ya'll

Guitars
- Ibanez AEG Elec/Acoustic (Black)
- Ibanez PF Acoustic (Black)
- 1973 Yamaha Classical
- 2004 Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus (Vintageburst)
- 1968 Hagstrom Viking II (Dark Red)
- 1979 Fender American Stratocaster (3 tone sunburst)
- *1991 Fender Japanese Hardtail Stratocaster (Tobacco Burst)
- 2004 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster (3 tone sunburst)

*Factory mess-up. Some american parts sent to japanese factory.
Has American Neck and body with Japanese electronics. Ask for more
deatail.

Amplifier
- Line 6 Flextone III Deluxe (with FBV4 footswitch)

Pedals (in order from guitar to Amplifier)
- Dunlop Crybaby 535
- Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
- Ibanez CS-9 Chorus
- Boss DD-3 Delay
- Boss GE-7 Equalizer
- Shannon Compressor

Please ask any questions about any of peice of mine. I'd be glad to
answer. Oh yeah, can you geuss what kind of stuff I play by the gear?

Harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cover band and 70's through 80's maybe some 90's and some 60's covers?

I love love love, sunburst stratocasters.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I've always been curious..what does a tubescreamer do?

And i'm in the maket for a wah..how do u like your 535, because that's what i want but i don't know if i wanna spend that much or just get the normal CryBaby. I have a Morley Bad Horsie 2 coming in to the store so i can try that as well.

Thanks

O ya...my gear

Epiphone SG
    Art & Lutherie Sunrise Acoustic

Traynor Guitar Mate 20

Boss DS-1
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • a tubescreamer is basicly a "tube overdrive"

the main purpose of them is to have a boost to your Overdrive/Distortion that you already have

i had one, it was nice for the boost, but I never used it on its own

i too have a 535q and i love it
    i have to say though, i have had it for about a year and i really havent experimented with it too much, but its deffinantly worth it

if you cant afford that, I like a Vox Wah better than the original crybaby
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I've always been curious..what does a tubescreamer do?

It's just a nice thick-toned overdrive pedal
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that's a nice little group of strats right there.
  • thanks man, i have a picture of all of them except the 79 its "under construction" im just gettign it rewired thats all. Heres a link to the photbucket place:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/d91/harrisonmerwin/
    and about the crybaby 535. The sweep is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than a regular crybaby. also it has a little red button called the "boost" and it can turn up your signal whiel the wah is engaged. I would highly suggest paying a bit more money for the way better product. and as far as the tubescreamer, its just amazing. Can dial in any amount of crunch and drive you want. And the answer to my question. I play heavy blues (hendrix mainly) some grunge, but i write indie/spacy stuff, kinda like...matthew goodband but not so intense, more melodical. Anyways have agood one

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
    are you in calgary or edmonton? (i'm assuming by the posters).
  • exhausted wrote:
    are you in calgary or edmonton? (i'm assuming by the posters).

neither i live in Fort St John BC, so close i geuss...6.5 hour drive to edmonton, then another 3 to calgary. So i went to the shows of course

harrison

that's cool. i'm in calgary and went to that show of course. didn't make it to edmonton unfortunately.

anyway, if you've got stuff available to hear, it sounds right up my alley.
  • exhausted wrote:
    that's cool. i'm in calgary and went to that show of course. didn't make it to edmonton unfortunately.

anyway, if you've got stuff available to hear, it sounds right up my alley.

im in need of better recording gear just so im not wasting my own sound. But im tryign to get it complete by april or may. 10 songs or so. Maybe with drums and bass, maybe with just layered guitar, i obviously have enough options to get basically any sound, 8 guitars, a modeling amp and fairly expressive pedals. i know a drummer too but i think i can present myself just by myself. If i ever get somethign together ill definately be posting it on a myspace-music or something. Ill keep you guys up to date. the current update is i have about 4 songs written, and tons of ideas and inspiration

harrison