Ian Vom Saal is the dude!

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey

lets welcome this guy officially to our treasured M&G board. you've made quite an impact on alot of the gear issues, and are just overall a good guy to have kickin around. Welcome to the best board around here.

Harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I was playing, and thought the exact same thing today!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    yep, you are a definate nominee for most valuable poster. harrison too. this place has been a fountain of knowledge. much abliged ya'll.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
  • I know I always say this, but this IS the best part of the whole forum! Lots of knowledge, and people are being HELPFULL!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    +1, its like he knows about every guitar releated thing imagineable
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I agree. Ian has answered almost every question i've had. I wish he lived in Michigan, because I would like lessons from him, lol. But yeah, everyone has been a lot of help too, not just Ian.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Yep... if I ever have a question, I would feel more than confident to use his advice. I was thinking about PM'ing the guy the other day to thank him about everything.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • im the Strat guy, thats it! when it comes to acoustics and electronic stuff, Ian is the man. I know quite a bit about modern home recording too.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Much obliged to everyone who cares to share their knowhow and opinions on here. I mean really, how would any of us ever pull the trigger on big purchases without 10 different people on M&G saying "GO FOR IT!"

It's like AA for gearheads.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Hey everyone, thanks so much for the commends :) I don't know that I deserve it, but thank you. I've actually had a bit of down time lately in the music biz, so I'd rather pass it by chiming in on the occasional music question when I can - I certainly don't know everything, but I've been working in the music industry for a bit, so I'm more than happy to share any info that I've accrued along the way (and it's far better than twiddling my thumbs waiting for more session work). Please don't hesitate to ask if any of you have a question - I'll be more than happy to attempt an answer.
    Thanks again - Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • I'm know a little bit about everything, he knows A LOT about everything!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Great to have you hear Ian.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.