Heres my first ever studio recorded track!

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys,

Here is a track i did for a school project. The teacher assigned groups, and we had to come up with a track, recorded in the pro-studio at the school. This was alot of early mornings, but it was a fun process. It took a total of 10 studio hours, and i've been working on editing and mixing for an hour or two, it still needs a bit more, and a new vocal track is getting done. Just so you know I wrote the song (music/lyrics) and i play the electric, and the solo at the end. The acoustic is by a very inexperienced guitar player but he practised hard so we wouldnt ruin the song. The bass player is really good, and the drummer is actually in my band since the assigned drummer was kicked out of the class. So here it is, i hope you all enjoy:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0242373774F26CF7

thanks guys

harrison

ps: think im a contender for the solo contest?

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Is that Severed Hand I hear at the beginning?? ;);)

I really like how the song breaks at around 3:00.

That's solo's awesome harrison....really man, I like it alot.

Honestly, I think it would have been much better with a different singer.....musically though it was really well done.

Nice work :D
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Is that Severed Hand I hear at the beginning?? ;);)

I really like how the song breaks at around 3:00.

That's solo's awesome harrison....really man, I like it alot.

Honestly, I think it would have been much better with a different singer.....musically though it was really well done.

Nice work :D

Thanks TMW, this girl can really wail, just got intimidated by the mic, we really only had about 2 takes, i garuntee its gonna get better, this still needs another 4-5 hours of editing/mixing, so hopefully it comes together, for a bunch of High school kids, i reckon its pretty well done. I can't wait to actually record my more "rock band" material, although this deep stuff seems to really get the listener too.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
    Thanks TMW, this girl can really wail, just got intimidated by the mic, we really only had about 2 takes, i garuntee its gonna get better, this still needs another 4-5 hours of editing/mixing, so hopefully it comes together, for a bunch of High school kids, i reckon its pretty well done. I can't wait to actually record my more "rock band" material, although this deep stuff seems to really get the listener too.

Ya man, I really did like it I'm just not a huge fan of girl singers (just my opinion).

Did you say you were in highschool???

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Ya man, I really did like it I'm just not a huge fan of girl singers (just my opinion).

Did you say you were in highschool???

yeah man, i am, lol people tend to think im older, i take stuff more seriously than my friends. such as music, and forums, lol.

yeah man, i am, lol people tend to think im older, i take stuff more seriously than my friends. such as music, and forums, lol.

That's crazy!!

I always thought you were like 30!! :p:p

I don't know why, it's weird how you have so many assumptions about people on here (sex,age,appearance) :):)

......and sometimes you're so far off ...lol.

I'm in higschool too man, grade 12 :)

.NJD.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    So far we have team Canada High School! I'm in Grade 9 myself. I'm getting a big Pearl Jam vibe off this song.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I wish we'd had a recording studio when I was in highschool, we didn't even have any instruments, had to bring our own to fool around at lunchtime. Great job!
    walk the bridges before you burn them down...