No strats here in Alaska!!!

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all,

some of you may have noticed i haven't been on in a coons age. Its because i have ben travelling north (not at the gorge as planned, really nice sets) and i have now found a PC. Im currently in Bum-fuck alaska, also known as Valdez. Its raining, foggy, and smells like fishsticks. I'm sure once the bad weather clears the mountain scenery will be apreciated. I haven't touched a strat in a LONG time (a week exactly) but i did manage to get my hands on my uncles Mint condition ALL original 67 Gold Top Les paul, its a beauty!. That was a coupel days, and a couple hundred miles ago in White Horse. I checked out the Dawson City (Yukon) Music Festival. ALot of folk stuff, but a few interesting bands, alot from the Yukon as well which suprised me. It did't smell much better there either due to the mass amounts of hippies and...excuse me...natives. Luckily i have my acoustic guitar, and have actually been playing along with stadium arcadium. I doubted the album for a long time and never bought it but the day before i left i picked it up, and now i realize that it is good, and fun to play with. FInally i have a source for tabs on a few parts, but i have been training my ear to try and learn them on my own. Well i geuss i should go and do nothign in a motorhome for a couple more hours, but hey, im back for a few days!

Harrison

ps: come save me if your in the area, im in Valdez, Alaska, Otter Bay RV park!

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Neat vacation. Good that you can bring your guitar. I'm flying to europe in about 3 weeks and I can't fit my acoustic on the plane.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I take my A&L with me EVERYWHERE.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    when i go up to fort mcmurray next year i'm going to have to grab a baby taylor to take along.....

i'll be living in a construction camp for upwards of a year so i need a kick around guitar.

if i even have time to play.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    i cant leave the state without at least 1 acoustic and 1 electric

and a small practice amp
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go