Thank you to the M&G Board.

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all,

I would just like to thank everybody, from everybody - for being helpful, kind, respectful, and genuine to the readers and writers in the musicians forum. These days the Porch (and other forums) are just full of rants and raves, but i allways see myself coming back here to check up on all the folks, and try and answer some questions if i have time. Again, thanks everyone for making this the most enjoyable forum in the message pit for me, and im sure others apreciate it as well.

Keep up the good posts, and keep this forum, the best one.

Sincerely,

Harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    harrison - i 100% agree with you...a huge thanks to those involved...and everyone who's been kind enough to answer all my questions!

Thanks everyone.

Seth
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I hardly visit the Porch much these days. I come here and browse.

Us M&G's take care of each other, and it's really appreciated. :)
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    It's because we take out all of our frustrations on our instruments :D
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i really missed being able to hang out here regularly. i've kinda fallen out of touch.

lately with my new baby and work and all, i haven't even had much time to play guitar let alone read about it.
  • exhausted wrote:
    i really missed being able to hang out here regularly. i've kinda fallen out of touch.

lately with my new baby and work and all, i haven't even had much time to play guitar let alone read about it.

meh still around 21 frets, 6 strings in most cases, your not missing much.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    I agree!!

I always come here first :)

I really think we're like our own little group on the Pit and it's almost neat seeing someone else from M&G on a different forum... :o It's like "Hey!! I know you from M&G" :p

You guys know what I mean :D:D

This is my favourite forum!!!

Cheers guys and thanks :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Musicians have to stick together.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    exhausted wrote:

If it makes you feel better - or worse: you've been missed. How is the little one?

Nice thread harrison, and it's true. This is one peaceful and fun little micro-cosmos y'all created.

And enharmonic: I think you're on to something :D
  • For sure!

I just don't get it!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I barely visit the Porch. Those people are nuts. And they're getting pretty bad on the Given To Fly forum as well, and it seems like there's constant bitching in the Bootleg forum too. I just mainly stick to here and the AET.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Great thread. I've been coming here and enjoying for a long time too, it certainly makes a dull job better. I do miss Exhausted and MIG being on here so often but hey, Greg's making babies and Dave's making music. It really dosen't get much better than that. I don't feel like there's a lot of pretension here, we're all just friendly and trying to be helpful, somewhat rare in the musician community no doubt we are all Pearl Jam fans. Ultimately I hope to meet everyone I can in person either at tone fests or Pearl Jam shows. Maybe sometime we will have the opportunity to jam with one another.

It's been a very interesting and informative few years here and I think we've all helped each other along on the tone journey.

to a forum buddy who would certainly have been in on this thread...

(Vaya con Dios and Rest In Peace Rob.)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:

just wondering who this is?

We're also the only ones getting laid ;)
  • enharmonic wrote:

yeah...guitar ruined my life...lol

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    enharmonic wrote:

I'd been playing for all of 4 months for it to payoff.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    This part of the forum really has a communial vibe to it, I like it.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Just like to reiterate.

Spent 5 minutes on the Porch and it felt more like ass soup being poured into the valley of ass. Not very friendly and welcoming at all.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Exactly. I wish the Porch had this kind of vibe. Having said that, I still post a lot on the Porch.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    moster78 wrote:
    I'd been playing for all of 4 months for it to payoff.

3 weeks here
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • ahh ye ol' M&G, gotta love this place, notice how the threads that count stay alive for a significant amount of time, such as the thank you thread, im sure all the usuals have read/posted, its the beauty of this form. 9/10 questions go answered, no negativity, and even a sense of positive humour, man i love this place

• Fairly new to the message pit, but have been a huge PJ fan since '91.
    It's really refreshing in this M & G section compared to all the negativity going on elsewhere.
    Much appreciated!
  • charlotte28charlotte28 Posts: 56
    I love M & G too - I don't have many friends who play any instruments and they make you feel like a complete idiot asking "simple" questions at my local music stores. I'm not afraid to ask anything here and (so far, at least) I always get lots of help and honest opinions, even when it's regarding something I do feel stupid for not knowing - thanks guys!!!
    walk the bridges before you burn them down...
  • Hey all,

I would just like to thank everybody, from everybody - for being helpful, kind, respectful, and genuine to the readers and writers in the musicians forum. These days the Porch (and other forums) are just full of rants and raves, but i allways see myself coming back here to check up on all the folks, and try and answer some questions if i have time. Again, thanks everyone for making this the most enjoyable forum in the message pit for me, and im sure others apreciate it as well.

Keep up the good posts, and keep this forum, the best one.

Sincerely,

Harrison

what a fucker, this guy.
    :rolleyes:
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    char25 wrote:
    I love M & G too - I don't have many friends who play any instruments and they make you feel like a complete idiot asking "simple" questions at my local music stores. I'm not afraid to ask anything here and (so far, at least) I always get lots of help and honest opinions, even when it's regarding something I do feel stupid for not knowing - thanks guys!!!

Anytime. The only dumb question is the question you don't ask. Lots of musicians treat people like crap because they don't know the answers themselves. I've always found that the people who know their stuff, are more than happy to share info.

i don't know much, but what I do know I'm happy to pass along. If it makes the next guy or girl want to play, it's all good :)
    enharmonic wrote:
    Anytime. The only dumb question is the question you don't ask. Lots of musicians treat people like crap because they don't know the answers themselves. I've always found that the people who know their stuff, are more than happy to share info.

i don't know much, but what I do know I'm happy to pass along. If it makes the next guy or girl want to play, it's all good :)

'The truly great are those who display modesty' (or something like that)
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Great thread.

just wondering who this is?

Rob was a great human being, a great guitarist, and my oldest friend from 1965. Rest in peace, bro.
    He's the reason I got onto this board to send a message from Nepal, to an wonderful lady here,,,,,, and here I am now.

This is a great forum. like enharmonic says, no question is a dumb question. It's great to have a mix of musicians, electronics experts, beginners, experienced and no egocentric people.
    I've been playing and building guitars for years, and it's great to be able to help out and share what I know,, but also to learn. I've learned about a lot of new things about pedals and effects here.

Ha ha,,, My whole pedal chain is Exhausted's switcher pedal, and Telesonic's Shannon overdrive, compressor and Uniphase along with a bunch of loopers and delays. Once he builds a delay, I'll get that, too! :D
    I'm going for an All Shannon chain!

I met some great people face to face from here, and soon'll meet more, too!

Cheers all!!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart