Ampeg Classic Series 810e

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all,

last saturday while drunk and playing hip hop (i was on bass, my drummer on drums) with our latino "freestyle god" friend/manager, i happened to make out the amp and blow the speakers (its hard to deny dancing peopel feeling the bass)

so the real news, my bass player decides "what the hell" and picks up the AMpeg Classic series 8x10 (800w) cabinet. this thing is close to 5 feet tall and weighs about 170 pounds! he traded in his dead cabs, the store is just going to replace the speakers, and deducted that from his trade-in price. I just thought i would tell ya'll that my bass player has one of the greatest cabs ever built!

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hey all,

last saturday while drunk and playing hip hop (i was on bass, my drummer on drums) with our latino "freestyle god" friend/manager, i happened to make out the amp and blow the speakers (its hard to deny dancing peopel feeling the bass)

so the real news, my bass player decides "what the hell" and picks up the AMpeg Classic series 8x10 (800w) cabinet. this thing is close to 5 feet tall and weighs about 170 pounds! he traded in his dead cabs, the store is just going to replace the speakers, and deducted that from his trade-in price. I just thought i would tell ya'll that my bass player has one of the greatest cabs ever built!

It is for sure. Set up like a dolly too!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Those are the greatest!

Those are the heaviest!

I bought an 8X10 cabinet and the SVT 300 watt head for my guitar, right after I saw the Stones in '72. The whole back of the stage was lined with them, for guitar and bass. Greatest use of SVT's ever.

I travelled with it and played through that for years, then I went to mostly Deluxe Reverbs I think those things are the real reason that Fender Deluxe Reverbs came back.
    Haha,, Ampeg 80 pound head and 165 pound cabinet ?
    ,,,,or 42 pound Fender Deluxe Reverb,,, the choice for aging rockers with bad backs!!

:D

Actually I saw one of those old cabs for sale in Philly, looked at it, and it was my old cab!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Those are the heaviest!

I bought an 8X10 cabinet and the SVT 300 watt head for my guitar, right after I saw the Stones in '72. The whole back of the stage was lined with them, for guitar and bass. Greatest use of SVT's ever.

I travelled with it and played through that for years, then I went to mostly Deluxe Reverbs I think those things are the real reason that Fender Deluxe Reverbs came back.
    Haha,, Ampeg 80 pound head and 165 pound cabinet ?
    ,,,,or 42 pound Fender Deluxe Reverb,,, the choice for aging rockers with bad backs!!

:D

Actually I saw one of those old cabs for sale in Philly, looked at it, and it was my old cab!

Actually to me its easier to navigate that cabinet then it is that head!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Actually to me its easier to navigate that cabinet then it is that head!

Very true. The head should have wheels on it too! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • Those are great cabs indeed, and a lot more versatile than people realize.... the quick way to a monstrously good dub, hiphop, or reggae sound is to take one of those cabs and put the speaker face of the thing up against a wall, and put a mic a few feet behind the cab-- that way all you get is the more omnidirectional bass frequencies.
  • Mmmmmm, omnidirectionality.