Fender Supersonic Amps.

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
So....worth getting, i played around with oen a bit. but it has no reverb to my memory, and whats it liek when its loud?

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    has reverb according to the specs.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    seanw103 speaks really highly of his. I've never played one myself.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I'm gonna be really biased and say Twin Reverb trumps the Supersonic.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Novawind wrote:
    I'm gonna be really biased and say Twin Reverb trumps the Supersonic.

They're tube amps.
    The Supersonic is tube. I am a big fan of TR's though.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I think it's just more the feel and the type of sound you're looking for. I've played both and I just prefer the TR sound.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    seanw103 speaks really highly of his. I've never played one myself.
    yes, i bought one about a month and a half ago. best decision i evermade:)! they are by far the best tube amps uyou can get for the price, and they have so much variety. it was made by fender in 2005, with a plan to have a vibrodeluxe and a bassman rolled into one amp. they totally nailed it! it has a clean and burn channel, the clean has a bassman and vibro channel as well. the vibro is perfect for arpeggio songs(think stairway, same sound), and the bassman is perfect for blues. the burn channel gives itthe classic crunch that vintage amps get. its like getting two $1000 amps for the price of one.

oh, and yes, it DOES have a reverb
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
    seanw1010 wrote:
    yes, i bought one about a month and a half ago. best decision i evermade:)! they are by far the best tube amps uyou can get for the price, and they have so much variety. it was made by fender in 2005, with a plan to have a vibrodeluxe and a bassman rolled into one amp. they totally nailed it! it has a clean and burn channel, the clean has a bassman and vibro channel as well. the vibro is perfect for arpeggio songs(think stairway, same sound), and the bassman is perfect for blues. the burn channel gives itthe classic crunch that vintage amps get. its like getting two $1000 amps for the price of one.

oh, and yes, it DOES have a reverb

Sorry I got the name wrong:p
  • sean,

do you have the combo, or the halfstack (either 2x12, or 4x10)

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    sean,

do you have the combo, or the halfstack (either 2x12, or 4x10)
    combo, the half stackis almost too powerful. i only have it on .4 in my room, and for jazz band(concerts at gymnasiums) i put it at a mere 4. it is loud enough for any event.
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    combo, the half stackis almost too powerful. i only have it on .4 in my room, and for jazz band(concerts at gymnasiums) i put it at a mere 4. it is loud enough for any event.

well halfstack it is! i like the power they deliver, even at lower levels, you just feel it more i geuss. im really stuck on deciding what halfstack i want to purchase. should i save up for an orange or hi-watt? or should i look into a more wallet friendly amp. i geuss ill wait and see where my band ends up. if we start playign shows for money, then maybe i can invest into some nicer stuff for me.

• Supersonics, still just don't do it. Something is always missing. Just pick what you want of the original's and get it.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Supersonics, still just don't do it. Something is always missing. Just pick what you want of the original's and get it.

I was going to say that but I didn't want to feel left out.

I tried these amps and I didn't like them too much. It just didn't have the "feel", sounded dull
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I was going to say that but I didn't want to feel left out.

I tried these amps and I didn't like them too much. It just didn't have the "feel", sounded dull

Exactly, remember I have your back! Same with digital modeling amps, they are cool to a point, but they don't have that response that tube amp has. I'll actually use a pod recording some rhythm tracks, but that's about it. Get the real version of what you want!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/