I really want a new amp....

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys,

although most of you know how much i love my recently aquired Fender Deluxe, i have ran into the problem ALOT of people had mentioned about the amp....shared EQ's. i really wish i could have two true channels, a sparkling clean, and just a nice crunchy dirty channel. It would be nice to have two sets of EQ controls, and also have a tube amp, with either spring or fake reverb. I really don't know where to turn now. I heard a THD on the weekend, it sounded really smoothe. I'll be keeping the fender, but i think i owe it to myself to get a better amp. Preferably a combo with an option to expand if nessecary. Any ideas? Not to be cliche but i'm looking for a mike-ish tone. I'm thinking tube amp 30-60 watts, more focus on the clean channel, but still a sufficient dirt. Im looking at about 1000-1500 CDN.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    put the deluxe for dirties against a deluxe reverb for cleans. perfect. sure, you're carrying two amps but if you get the sounds that way....
  • Well...here we go again...

Read "Keeponrockin"'s thread about getting a new amp something like 750$ to spend or something....read up what I posted about my Traynor amp....

I didn't state it in that topic but it can be expanded to adding an extra 1x12 speaker cabinet....the overdrive is not very crunch like unless you turn the amp up...but i love the sound of the bd-2 into the clean channel....best clean channel I've heard IMO
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Hey guys,

although most of you know how much i love my recently aquired Fender Deluxe, i have ran into the problem ALOT of people had mentioned about the amp....shared EQ's. i really wish i could have two true channels, a sparkling clean, and just a nice crunchy dirty channel. It would be nice to have two sets of EQ controls, and also have a tube amp, with either spring or fake reverb. I really don't know where to turn now. I heard a THD on the weekend, it sounded really smoothe. I'll be keeping the fender, but i think i owe it to myself to get a better amp. Preferably a combo with an option to expand if nessecary. Any ideas? Not to be cliche but i'm looking for a mike-ish tone. I'm thinking tube amp 30-60 watts, more focus on the clean channel, but still a sufficient dirt. Im looking at about 1000-1500 CDN.

http://www.barberelectronics.com see the custom shop check out the barb EQ. http://www.barberelectronics.com/customshop.html

or if you want to spend more, you could check out the morning dew EQ (Antelope) or the Sea Blue EQ (BJF)

Oh and in fender combos, check out the Bassman LTD and the vibro king.

oh and for giggles if you can find one the dual rectified one... Prosonic I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Prosonic_W0QQitemZ7366781366QQihZ016QQcategoryZ38074QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

oh and also check out the Rivera Chubster 40
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    http://www.barberelectronics.com see the custom shop check out the barb EQ. http://www.barberelectronics.com/customshop.html

or if you want to spend more, you could check out the morning dew EQ (Antelope) or the Sea Blue EQ (BJF)

Oh and in fender combos, check out the Bassman LTD and the vibro king.

oh and for giggles if you can find one the dual rectified one... Prosonic I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Prosonic_W0QQitemZ7366781366QQihZ016QQcategoryZ38074QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

oh and also check out the Rivera Chubster 40

I decided I'm saving up and getting a Rivera Chubster 25. :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    I decided I'm saving up and getting a Rivera Chubster 25. :D

It's worth it I think. Zinky and Rivera are two of the best designers to work in the custom shop at Fender since Leo himself.

A Rivera and a Traynor that's a pretty nice collection of tone right there.

For harisizzle.... http://www.rivera.com/chub40.php
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    It's worth it I think. Zinky and Rivera are two of the best designers to work in the custom shop at Fender since Leo himself.

A Rivera and a Traynor that's a pretty nice collection of tone right there.

For harisizzle.... http://www.rivera.com/chub40.php

maybe I'll save more and get the 45 watt, since it has a master volume :)

I should get it in the wine red as well....that would look pretty nice I think...that could be a next year investment :) Although I would love a Quiana or Suprema, but the Chubster is just as good

I'm not looking for a small amp to move around anymore...I dug up a roland 5 watt cube that I can take anywhere, runs off batteries too...its nice, I never knew I had it.
  • I have the Chubster 45. I like it. It does have a really nice clean and dirt channel. You will need to get a boost pedal like the Seymour Duncan Pickup booster and run it thru the effects loop if you want to boost the dirty channel though. I'm still not 100% satisfied with my tone yet. I wish I could get everywhere from SRV and McCready clean to overdrive tones, all the way to DeLeo and Cantrell distortion all in one tube amp without selling any body parts.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
    I have the Chubster 45. I like it. It does have a really nice clean and dirt channel. You will need to get a boost pedal like the Seymour Duncan Pickup booster and run it thru the effects loop if you want to boost the dirty channel though. I'm still not 100% satisfied with my tone yet. I wish I could get everywhere from SRV and McCready clean to overdrive tones, all the way to DeLeo and Cantrell distortion all in one tube amp without selling any body parts.

Do you use it with the ninja boost engaged on the amp too? Or is that just on clean?

It might be as simple as a speaker swap.