Just Ordered my 'Studio'

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited June 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys,

Well i've had my recording computer for a couple months now, but i finally got the funds to get my recording gear. I was going to spring for a digi 002/003, but figured i would never need the 8 simultaneous track (i have free studio time at an institution here anyways with a full out pro tools system if i ever need it) so i sprung for an M box. It comes with Pro Tool 7.3, and the Ignition pack (some nice goodies in there) i also upgraded the reason adapted 3.0 (included with ignition pack) to the full version. While i was at it, i Bought the M Audio Oxygen 61 Midi keyboard/controller too, just to make sampling and midi-grooving a little easier and more natural. I have alot of acoustic songs i need to record so hopefully i will be posting those within the next few months...also if interested (taking a risk here) i have a couple buddies who rap, and apparently i have a good ear for making beats (maybe im the next Dr Dre. or Timbaland!) so maybe ill post all my stuff together on soundclick or something. I'm saving up for some mic's and rack gear now, but i'll keep you all posted on my studio.

Harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Like I said earlier, awesome.

I'm really interested in hearing the hip-hop stuff as well.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Hey guys,

Well i've had my recording computer for a couple months now, but i finally got the funds to get my recording gear. I was going to spring for a digi 002/003, but figured i would never need the 8 simultaneous track (i have free studio time at an institution here anyways with a full out pro tools system if i ever need it) so i sprung for an M box. It comes with Pro Tool 7.3, and the Ignition pack (some nice goodies in there) i also upgraded the reason adapted 3.0 (included with ignition pack) to the full version. While i was at it, i Bought the M Audio Oxygen 61 Midi keyboard/controller too, just to make sampling and midi-grooving a little easier and more natural. I have alot of acoustic songs i need to record so hopefully i will be posting those within the next few months...also if interested (taking a risk here) i have a couple buddies who rap, and apparently i have a good ear for making beats (maybe im the next Dr Dre. or Timbaland!) so maybe ill post all my stuff together on soundclick or something. I'm saving up for some mic's and rack gear now, but i'll keep you all posted on my studio.

Harrison

Cool deal with the Mbox. Nice little package. As for a full blown Pro Tool's system, I think people should look a little further at other software then pro tools. They can do the same things as pro tools, just as easy, give you the same problems as pro-tools, and cost less.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Thanks for this thread. I'm thinking I need to make some investments, fast. I'm using duct tape, a knackered old Fostex-X-i5, and Multiquence here.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Thanks for this thread. I'm thinking I need to make some investments, fast. I'm using duct tape, a knackered old Fostex-X-i5, and Multiquence here.

I just bought the Zoom H4, which is basic enough for me to use quickly, but is also a DAW interface with 2 XLR inputs, as well as it's own mic, and comes with Cubase LE, which I can't use at all, yet.

Without pushing it, I'm happy so far.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Cool deal with the Mbox. Nice little package. As for a full blown Pro Tool's system, I think people should look a little further at other software then pro tools. They can do the same things as pro tools, just as easy, give you the same problems as pro-tools, and cost less.

I know there is other programs available, but Pro Tools does have a few extra benifits. Because its so widely used around the Globe, there is so much compatibility and help everywhere. i can take a coupel tracks from home, travel to england, and master them in a profesional mastering studio. A Guesstimate is that 70-80% of all 'major' studio's are running a professional Pro Tools rig. I've also had many hours on a pro-tools system, so it just feels like home.

Harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19