Easy Acoustic Songs?

hawkeye8388hawkeye8388 Posts: 47
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've relatively new to playing the guitar and have taken lessons when I can from a guy from work. Things are coming together a little slower than I expected (I have a lot respect for you guys who can play!), but I have been plugging away trying to get better each day. The first song I am trying to learn is PJ's Elderly Woman and it's at least sounding better than when I first started and hopefully I can get it down the next couple weeks.

I know Elderly Woman, Wishlist, and Last Kiss are some of the easier PJ songs. But can someone recommend some other songs that are "Super Easy" and don't involve PJ? Doesn't matter if it's Peggy Sue or whatever. Just something that I can continue to build my confidence.

My fingers are short and I am still trying to get my hand and fingers conditioned so I would prefer something that doesn't involve a C or G chord if possible. I have a hell of a time playing those right now without muting other strings.

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Try out Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

It has some good, picking and strumming.
  • Dude you are best to dive in with the old chords, don't avoid anything! Its best to change in time whether you have fingered the chord correct or not, it will get easier!!

Some tunes that are easy to strum:

Sweet Home Alabama : D/// C/// G/// G/// nearly the whole way through

Knocking On Heavens Door: G/// D/// C/// C/// G/// D/// Am/// Am///= verse

G/// D/// C/// C/// = Chorus

Good luck.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    rocking in the free world:
    Em////////D//C//
    G////D////C////Em//

I am A patriot:
    D//G////D//G////D//G////A/

Sry, they both involve either a C or a G. but, the best way to learn them is to practice:)
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's

:D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore