Indifference Strumming Pattern

hawkeye8388hawkeye8388 Posts: 47
edited May 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I asked for help with the strumming pattern for Elderly Woman and thanks to your guys help I can actually play it decent now.

Now I have been meddling around with Indiffence (the GTW version for one guitar). For the into I have trying a DDUUD pattern on EM before reaching Dsus and D. It sounds decent, but I am not sure it's the right way to play it (although I know I should go more by feel). When I play the chorus with that pattern it doesn't sound so hot.

What strumming pattern would you guys recommed for the song? It's probably an easy question, but I am a beginner and my friend (teacher) had a kid last month so he is pretty unavailable.

Thank you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    good old "DOWN---DOWN UP---UP DOWN UP"...works for any song in 4/4 time

4 downstrokes on every chord - 1 2 3 4

add in "ands" - the up strokes

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 = down up down up down up down up in a nonstop motion

but you DON'T strum the "and" upstroke between 1 and 2 or the "3" downstroke

so your hand should move in a nonstop up and down motion, just don't hit as you are going up on the first "and" or down on the "3"

damn that sounds complicated!!! its really not, its just hard to explain through this damn keyboard! hope that helps
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young