Ibanez Sonic Distortion

CaptainSpaz91CaptainSpaz91 Posts: 266
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer vs. the Ibanez SD9 Sonic Distortion....

Well I ask this because I just bought the SD9 off E*Bay, and I've heard its got a great sound for songs like Alive. Any tips on this unit any settings or anything specific?

Thanks alot!
"i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer vs. the Ibanez SD9 Sonic Distortion....

Well I ask this because I just bought the SD9 off E*Bay, and I've heard its got a great sound for songs like Alive. Any tips on this unit any settings or anything specific?

Thanks alot!

They actually play nice toegther. You set the tube screamer with the gain really low and the volume cranked, (tone to taste) then add the edginess with the SD-9

The SD-9 is number 2. I like to add a hariness with my distortion the SD-9 by the way has a lot more gain than a tubescreamer. It's also more compressed.

As far as settings go it's uncomplicated. just play with it.

If you're using it alone, try the volume at 3/4 for starters, the tone at just past half way on the treble side and the gain at say 11:30 to start out.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • now time to find a SD9
  • Pictures that is.
  • i love my SD9. You get can a nice plethora of sounds out of it.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • yenraekyenraek Posts: 21
    gain low, tone at 10-11 oclock. thts were i like mine
    A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw
    Delivered him wings, "Hey, look at me now

MY BAND!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBbxAIop_HY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a1Ay1BUXXQ&search=stiletto%20

jay_2_the_kay@hotmail.com