Favorite Electric Guitar Strings

CaptainSpaz91CaptainSpaz91 Posts: 266
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm in the mood to try some new strings, any suggestions?
"i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I'm in the mood to try some new strings, any suggestions?
    Elixir Polywebs are nice. I also like Dean Markleys Blue Steel and DR Tite Fit

all4
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    DR Pure Blues and Tite Fits.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    D'Addario XLs I like the 11-48 set... I just put a 12-52 set on my telesonic for slide guitar... they are pretty heavy, but sound big too.
    There's No Code.
  • for me... the boomers from ghs. the think 'n thin gauge strings are nice - relative solidness on bottom three and the wailing of the top three...
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • i like thick dean markley's...blue steel
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • GHS boomers do it for me, and they are cheap to boot,
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Snakeoils, once you go vintage Nickels you will never go back to anything else
    sobstrings.net
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    JofZ wrote:
    Snakeoils, once you go vintage Nickels you will never go back to anything else
    sobstrings.net

You are wrong... :D
    There's No Code.
  • I like GHS Boomers .011 gauge. There is a string I thought about trying in an add I seen. I can't remember the name. They put their string through some process that takes the natural cracks out of the metal.
  • I like GHS boomers, too. Usually 10's or 11's. My hands are starting to go bad on me, I fear, so I've been using 10's more. The 11's sound great on an ES 355, though!
    I've tried a lot and the boomers seem to have a great sound. They don't last too long, (they lose their ring) but I change them a lot anyway. I used to use more expensive ones that lasted longer, but I seem to be a string breaker, so no use paying too much!
    The ones I NEVER got along with were Ernie Balls. They always seem to break on me.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    I've tried a lot and the boomers seem to have a great sound. They don't last too long, (they lose their ring) but I change them a lot anyway. I used to use more expensive ones that lasted longer, but I seem to be a string breaker, so no use paying too much!
    The ones I NEVER got along with were Ernie Balls. They always seem to break on me.

same exact thing with me. I detest Ernie Balls.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    same exact thing with me. I detest Ernie Balls.

I think they have someone at the end of the production line that puts a little nick on the high e and b strings so they break right at the best part of the solo!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I used to use Ernie Balls all the time, and always broke strings... once I switched to Boomers, no more breaks! EB's are good for slinky funk stuff, but terrible for everything else.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.