Pedal Board

CaptainSpaz91CaptainSpaz91 Posts: 266
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey

I was wondering who out there has a good pedal board, what kinds how much etc. just fill me in I'm not too familar with them but now that I have a few pedals etc I think it'd be good to get.

Thanks alot!
"i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    hardware store, black paint plywood and velcro.

Something to fasten them.

or, if you really want to go nuts...

http://www.trailertrashpedalboards.com/
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • depends on what you plan on using it for, really-- I prefer the ones that work as a sort of suitcase-shaped box, they generally do a better job of protecting your gear than the gig-bag style ones. If you're going to be doing gigs with these and have $300 in pedals and cables and so on, it makes sense to protect 'em. Now if they could just do something about those people who spill beer all over them.......

this one's good... http://cgi.ebay.com/Pedal-Board-With-Aluminum-Case-by-Warwick-NEW_W0QQitemZ7407281646QQcategoryZ41412QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    very durable. You can get off-brand, similar ones for a lot less money too, and they come in varying sizes.
  • Yeah I just want something plain and durable.

Pac - those Trailer's were fun to look at but a bit out of the price range.

Thanks for the link tho!
    Yeah I just want something plain and durable.

Thanks for the link tho!

Yeah, I couldn't spend that kind of dough either but it's fun to look at.

If I ever do any kind of major touring, Those guys are on my list, right after I hire a roadie. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.

Thanks for the link tho!

Yeah, I couldn't spend that kind of dough either but it's fun to look at.

If I ever do any kind of major touring, Those guys are on my list, right after I hire a roadie. :D
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276

Thanks for the link tho!

NYC pedal boards are the best bang for the buck. They will do just about anything you want as well.

nycpedalboards.com/

I have 2 a big shot and the one that is one size smaller, combined they give me the room I need.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I have an SKB PS25 and it's great for my needs.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm going to grab a NYC one and now I just got to figure out what I'm going to use to power it. Any suggestions on that?

As of now I would have a Boss Tuner, Keeley Blues Driver, Dunlop Wah, then add in probably 2 more pedals a Delay and........not sure.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I have a manufactured pedal board that I'm looking to sell... I've grown out of it, but it would be great for you. I'd sell it for $50 plus S&H. Lemme know.

As for powering your pedals, if you have the Boss TU-2 tuner pedal, you can get an AC adapter and a daisy-chain cable and power your pedals via that.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm going to grab a NYC one and now I just got to figure out what I'm going to use to power it. Any suggestions on that?

As of now I would have a Boss Tuner, Keeley Blues Driver, Dunlop Wah, then add in probably 2 more pedals a Delay and........not sure.

Since you only have a few pedals, I also support the TU-2 daisy chain.

I do this, and it works pretty well.
  • As for powering your pedals, if you have the Boss TU-2 tuner pedal, you can get an AC adapter and a daisy-chain cable and power your pedals via that.

Ya how does that work??

I have 2 Boss pedals right now that are just 9V powered and I don't wanna buy 2 AC adapters (and probably more because I'll eventually have more Boss pedals one day)

I was thinking about getting a daisy chain and powering both of mine...but I wasn't really sure how do go about it....or what it did exactly?
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    Ya how does that work??

I have 2 Boss pedals right now that are just 9V powered and I don't wanna buy 2 AC adapters (and probably more because I'll eventually have more Boss pedals one day)

I was thinking about getting a daisy chain and powering both of mine...but I wasn't really sure how do go about it....or what it did exactly?

There's a couple Boss pedals with a power out. I know the TU-2 has it, the limiter selector also has it. There's one more too.

You just plug the adapter into the power input, and then use one of these: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=155052 to link them all together.
  • As always thanks for the help
  • the Visual Sound One-Spot is a good power supply. It usually goes for about $20, and you can daisychain a good many pedals to it.

If you're cool with Ebay, check out some of the stuff here: http://stores.ebay.com/Rondo-Music-On-Line_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
    The Lurker wrote:
    the Visual Sound One-Spot is a good power supply. It usually goes for about $20, and you can daisychain a good many pedals to it.

If you're cool with Ebay, check out some of the stuff here: http://stores.ebay.com/Rondo-Music-On-Line_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Home of Agile. $1000 guitars for 200 bucks. :)
  • Home of Agile. $1000 guitars for 200 bucks. :)
    I'm waiting with baited breath for them to get another batch of those bubinga-topped 8-string basses..... Kurt is the MAN.

For some of the pricy brands' quality control, they're pretty much $200 guitars except for the name on the headstock.
    The Lurker wrote:
    I'm waiting with baited breath for them to get another batch of those bubinga-topped 8-string basses..... Kurt is the MAN.

For some of the pricy brands' quality control, they're pretty much $200 guitars except for the name on the headstock.

Definately going to buy a 335 clone w/ p90s from them one of these days. Probably an SX. Nothing special, but something cool to have around.
  • There's a couple Boss pedals with a power out. I know the TU-2 has it, the limiter selector also has it. There's one more too.

You just plug the adapter into the power input, and then use one of these: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=155052 to link them all together.

So basically 1 adapter powers a bunch of Boss pedals.....as long as one of them has a power supply??

Like the TU-2 would be hooked into the AC and then the daisy chain would run from the TU-2 to the other pedals??
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    So basically 1 adapter powers a bunch of Boss pedals.....as long as one of them has a power supply??

Like the TU-2 would be hooked into the AC and then the daisy chain would run from the TU-2 to the other pedals??

Exactly. It's designed for exactly that. Which is why your TU-2 has two AC pins on the back, and others only have one. And most pedals use the same connector that the Boss pedals use, so you can power other pedal mfg's with the TU-2.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Exactly. It's designed for exactly that. Which is why your TU-2 has two AC pins on the back, and others only have one. And most pedals use the same connector that the Boss pedals use, so you can power other pedal mfg's with the TU-2.

Yup. I power 3 boss, 1 or 2 MXRs and a Shannon all with one AC adaptor.