starting guitar

ryan79ryan79 Posts: 8
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am going to be learning how to play guitar in the fall and was wondering if anyone could tell me what a good starting guitar is in the price range of $400-$600?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Electric or acoustic?

Electric = Shecter PT
    Acoustic = Fender DG20 CE
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    My starting guitar that I bought 4 years ago, and finally got around to taking lessons, is an acoustic Dean Performer. I like it OK. I'm hoping in a year, when I'm decent enough, I can justify the purchase of a good electric.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    ryan79 wrote:
    I am going to be learning how to play guitar in the fall and was wondering if anyone could tell me what a good starting guitar is in the price range of $400-$600?

For right around $700 you can get a Martin all Mahagony D15, I bought one as my first axe and I still love it and play it all the time. It has the classic martin tone and it is probably the best buy in their entire line.
    What ever you do decide to make sure you pick a guitar you can grow with, meaning spending a little more on a quality peice will ensure you are happier with it as you get better at playing. Also, skip the electric until you are comfortable playing the acoustic. I left my Martin set up stock from factory to make it even harder on my self, but my fingers were up to the task in a month or so. Keep practicing and play every day and the pain will go away.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board