Eddie Vedder Gear

I noticed on AOL 'sessions' eddie is using some custom les paul with three pickups, the neck and bridge being mini-buckers, and the middle pick-up being an open-coil humbucker. Also, he has three different pickup switches on the guitar. If anyone can tell me what the hell it is or where he got it or what it does, that would be awesome, otherwise I'm kinda scared by that monstrosity of a guitar.
Thanks, and pearl jam happens to be my biggest influence and all-time fav. band, and I fucking love the new album
-Joel
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    That is a Pete Townshend signature Gibson Les Paul, or a really good clone.

http://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/products/signature/townshend9/PeteTownshend9.html
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • i own an original mini-bucker circa 60-62 Epiphones. Great pickup...i currently dont have it in use, almost considerring to sell it to a gibson/epiphone(old school) player. These pickups are sweet, really get a sweet drive outta them

Harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • thanks...I had no idea what it was. I hope to get my hands on one someday and mess around with it a little bit. Seems like you could get some good tonal range out of it.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Save yourself a few grand and get a Deluxe. Then take it to a local tech and have it routed for a humbucker in the middle.

That's all that Pete's guitar was. I cannot justify nor endorse spending a ridiculous amount of money for an instrument just because it has a mod that you could have done for $500 or less...parts and all.

Collector/resale value is a completely different thing though...and who knows if this latest greatest PT will become a collector. Pete doesn't even play LP's anymore.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    Save yourself a few grand and get a Deluxe. Then take it to a local tech and have it routed for a humbucker in the middle.

That's all that Pete's guitar was. I cannot justify nor endorse spending a ridiculous amount of money for an instrument just because it has a mod that you could have done for $500 or less...parts and all.

Collector/resale value is a completely different thing though...and who knows if this latest greatest PT will become a collector. Pete doesn't even play LP's anymore.

yeah definately, if anyone needs a mini-bucker, i have one for sale, i'll try not to rip you off too much, its is 45 years old though...and holds a decentpart in gibson history, but i'll be reasonable. Congrats on 1000 posts too enharmonic, im gettign close to that too, we're all junkies man, e-junkies

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm slowly coming up to 1000.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Holy poo...I hadn't noticed. :)

About 80% of those posts have been right here in the gear forum
  • enharmonic wrote:
    Holy poo...I hadn't noticed. :)

About 80% of those posts have been right here in the gear forum

lately i dont even read the porch, its so clogged with nonsense, i love it hear, the conversations actually have significance

• J.D.J.D. Posts: 73
    This is the one....

I'm thinkin' Eddie was inspired by his friend Pete for that tune. He thanks P.T. in the liner notes.

http://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/products/signature/townshend/PeteTownshend.html
  • pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I like the Porch. I check all the spots every day.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    pearljam7 wrote:

and that one's about 3k cheaper than the Gibson "Historic" PT LP.