get that tone

Come on guys...how do I achive that clasic pearl jam tone from the TEN days? I have a Gibson Sg, Marshall AVT 50, Fender 112 deluxe, bescapo volume pedal, boss super overdrive pedal...how do i do it? i want tonal advice...like treble at ..ect ect!!!

thanks guys....please help me!!!

III3 Jack Tasker xxxx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    FOR A START GET RID OF THAT SOLID STATE AMP!Only joking!:)
    Cornell pwns u
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    Seriously,i set my amp up with the bass on 3/4 the mids about11 oclock and the treble about 2 oclock and the gain at 12 o clock.Works for me.
    Cornell pwns u
  • chicago23xchicago23x Posts: 53
    and keep in mind the 'Ten' is probably the most technically furbished album...
    and you've probably noticed that most mikes leads have that chorus reverb effect on it... cept Alive...
    Hell; a paticular realm of the after life where they never play Pearl Jam
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ball park, crunch (yellow) channel

gain 3.5 volume 7 to 10 bass 5+ (to taste and cab) mids 3.5 treb 8 or 9+ depending on your guitar, speaker cab etc. Verb 2.5

The majority of that sound comes from powertube rather than preamp distortion.

maybe a little chorus. OD pedals to taste, trial and error trial and error.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Thanks, it's good for you guys to give me Eq settings..not silly tips...thanks....either way the sounds really helped polish off my bands cover of Alive...

Again...Thanks....see ya round

Jack III3 Tasker xxxx