Band's Demo

I've been busy preparing for my bands second demo and I have come across a few things that i decided to share with you guys;

1. During the practices running up to the demo i found that i was stuck musically...which is ok when your're rehersing but i discovered a great tecnique that i would like to share with you, (I read about this in a Steve Vai interview). "choose three notes and bash the hell out of them, play them over and over again...after about ten minutes you will have covered all the styles of famous guitar players which leaves you free to experiment." ALL PLAYERS SHOULD TRY THIS...IT REALLY WORKS!

2. Strap that guitar high. Low guitars look damn cool but a high one plays better unless you are turbonegro.

3. Never ever been cliche', however everyone knows that!

4. DON'T EVER COVER ALIVE ON A DEMO, IT TOOK US HOURS TO GET IT PERFECT.

love you all

see ya later xxxx III3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Here's one: Don't ever put a cover song on your demo.
  • Here's one: Don't ever put a cover song on your demo.

a lot of people do it...to gauge what you can and can't pull off...
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • a lot of people do it...to gauge what you can and can't pull off...

See, everyone I've talked to who works in the Music Business says that they don't wanna hear bands cover songs on the demo. Live...whatever, but if you are making a demo for a Record Company or for getting gigs, cover songs won't cut it cause they want to hear what you can do, not what they have already heard.