V-Amp with a Wah Pedal

paulhealeypaulhealey Posts: 27
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a Behringer V-Amp, that i'm running through a Fender Princeton Chorus. I love the disortion I get out of it, and even the overdrive. However the wah on it is terrible. I was wondering if I bought a wah pedal, would it work probably with the V-Amp, or would I be better off buying a distortion pedal also, and running the disortion and wah together.

So it's pretty much like
Guitar
V-amp
Wah Pedal
Amp.
Or
Guitar
Distortion----Wah Pedal
Amp.

Which is my better option here. I have a Les Paul copy, and in a few weeks will have a Hagstrom HIIN. I play Pearl Jam, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tragically Hip, some hard rock originals, and some blues.

Any advice?
I Was Caught In Traffic!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    paulhealey wrote:
    I have a Behringer V-Amp, that i'm running through a Fender Princeton Chorus. I love the disortion I get out of it, and even the overdrive. However the wah on it is terrible. I was wondering if I bought a wah pedal, would it work probably with the V-Amp, or would I be better off buying a distortion pedal also, and running the disortion and wah together.

So it's pretty much like
    Guitar
    V-amp
    Wah Pedal
    Amp.
    Or
    Guitar
    Distortion----Wah Pedal
    Amp.

Which is my better option here. I have a Les Paul copy, and in a few weeks will have a Hagstrom HIIN. I play Pearl Jam, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tragically Hip, some hard rock originals, and some blues.

Any advice?

you might check out the Boss V wah. it's flexible versatile and digital so they should play nice. It does more than just wah too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    I have the v-amp too and I also use the newish Ibanez weeping demon wah. But it works great for me! I would stick with the behringer, it gives off one hell of a good distortion! :D
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....