Dunlop Rotovibe

2»

Comments

• kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    living in the uk sure does suck sometimes :( id be buying up stuff left right and center if i lived in the US :(
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • In the same vein, has anyone ever tried a vintage Jax Vibra Chorus? It was a pedal that sounded a bit like a Univibe/Rotovibe. It was also a Jimi effect at Woodstock. The box itself was massive and it came with a pedal.
    im still waiting for my rotovibe i won off of ebay to turn up :( its been 2 weeks now since he sent it. its coming from the states to the uk so i dunno... maybe its still early.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • I've never seen one in the UK. I bought one in Waterford City in Ireland.
    me neither! and im starting to wonder if i ever will. I dunno do you think 2 weeks is still early? or should i get in touch with the sellar?
  • Depends how they're sending it. I'd allow 21 days for delivery.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141

that's the one i used to have...someone nicked it tho...from what i remember i liked it, i liked the vibrato more than the chorus

i got mine for $90, it was the floor model, turned out the adapter didn't work, just batteries (if you use batteries make sure you take em out when done or at least unplug all the cables). i like my voodoo lab tremolo more but i do like being able to control it with your foot w/ the rotovibe
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I always thought it was a rotating speaker effect. Having said that, I would say its pretty good at what it does if Hendrix used one, along with countless other legends.
    Hendrix used an organ speaker called a Leslie.

he may have used rotovibe too though.. but thats the famous speaker. :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404

excellent info, the most pertinent I feel is this

{The Rotovibe has a cost effective approach to the circuitry. This enables us to package it into a foot controller for convenience. The frequency shift spacing is slightly different than that of the Univibe and the lamp is replaced by a different scheme. This scheme doesn't possess the nonlinear character of the Univibe lamp's circuitry. The Rotovibe produces a more linear sweep through out the range of modulation speeds. The Rotovibe is a mono effect. The Rotovibe operates from a 9v external power adapter or an internal 9v battery.}

I don't know how to bold but the first sentence is very telling. Cost Effective dosen't always mean not as good but 99% of the time the sound is slightly to grossly different. The Roto provides a much softer phase than a true light bulb vibe. It could be done. In fact Mike Fuller did it with the Dejavibe 2 but it's a significantly more expensive pedal. Now that the small workshop guys have begun building cost effective vibes, it's tough to say go with the rotovibe, although, the treadle makes it a lot sexier and useable purchase, plus it looks really cool in fire engine red. I'd love to see someone pick one up and mod it for true bypass and see if they can't get a little more swoosh in the sound.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    just got my rotovibe through the post of ebay. seems to me to be a bit more subtle than i originally thought it would. Kinda worried it could be faulty or something. anyone got any ideas? or it is an extremely subtle vibe effect? The chorus mode on it doesnt seem to make overly much difference. The lights all flash on it fine.(which is pretty haha) anyone know of any sights where i could hear samples of one being used? or for that matter what pearl jam songs did mike use it on? i know he dont use one now but im sure he used too.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i believe mike used the dunlop univibe version. at least that's what shows up on the signal flows.
    yeah thats what he used up until he got the hughes and kettner rotosphere but im 99.9% sure he used it for ten, vs and vitalogy maybe even no code. Im sure i read on gtw under the gear throughout the years bit ( hey that rhymes :) )
    anyone know what the 2 internal potentiometer do? im tempted to tweak them abit haha. but i wont unless someone tells me too ;)
  • - a year and half later - IT SOUNDS!
    I've recently seen it on youtube in mike's board at pink pop in 92.
    jftr anyway.
    grand bow to everyone,
    G.
    ThisIsNotAnExit
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Really? Which video? I thought Stone used it once or somthing.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • it's in one of those video provided by aroundthefur (god bless him)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIFSjQrxJiI
    ThisIsNotAnExit