effects chain

guildensternguildenstern Posts: 92
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
given the attached data, suggest your favourite chain, thank you.
G.

PS: purple is a tremolo.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2348/pict1784bw0.jpg
ThisIsNotAnExit
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Amp-Delay-Phaser-Tremolo-Overdrives(most powerful first)-Rotovibe-Wah.

I wish you could put up what the two gray stomps are. Also, if you have effects loop, have the Delay and phaser in that.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Amp-Delay-Phaser-Tremolo-Overdrives(most powerful first)-Rotovibe-Wah.

I wish you could put up what the two gray stomps are. Also, if you have effects loop, have the Delay and phaser in that.

thank you, I prefer all in one in the amp.
    Grays are greedtone and comp.
    ThisIsNotAnExit
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    I think BOSS has some kind of schematic where it shows you how to set the effects in a pedal board. Usually it's

Amp-delay-phasers-flanges-chorus-Tremolo-Distortion-overdrive-wah-volume. I don't remember where the compressor goes but just google "Effects chain placement" or something.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I suggest:
    Wah -> Keeley Comp -> Greedtone -> TS9dx -> SD-1 -> Tremovibe -> Rotovibe -> Phase 100 -> Boss Delay -> amp
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Novawind wrote:
    I suggest:
    Wah -> Keeley Comp -> Greedtone -> TS9dx -> SD-1 -> Tremovibe -> Rotovibe -> Phase 100 -> Boss Delay -> amp
    I would put the wah between the Greedtone and the TS-9. I personally like the wah AFTER the distortion, but doing this would give you the best of both worlds.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I think BOSS has some kind of schematic where it shows you how to set the effects in a pedal board. Usually it's

Amp-delay-phasers-flanges-chorus-Tremolo-Distortion-overdrive-wah-volume. I don't remember where the compressor goes but just google "Effects chain placement" or something.

:D I'll go and try google, but you know, it's always useful to listen to other's opinions, e.g. I never tried the wah after the o.d. (thanks KEEP) and god knows, I might like it...
    I love to comp everything from the beginning, at least, Keeley comp "respect" every other effects AND the guitar. I'm going to try the tremolo first, it's the only one that looses rate once it is set after the compressor.
    ThisIsNotAnExit
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    given the attached data, suggest your favourite chain, thank you.
    G.

PS: purple is a tremolo.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2348/pict1784bw0.jpg

guitar ->
    wah, compressor, rotovibe, tremolo, phaser, greedtone, ts9DX, SD-1, delay
    -> amp