So Tempted

moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Saw this on eBay yesterday and I'm having a hard time stopping myself from hitting the Buy It Now button.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&item=170022941494&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Anyone from Atlanta that can verify if the shop selling it is reputable?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78 wrote:
    Saw this on eBay yesterday and I'm having a hard time stopping myself from hitting the Buy It Now button.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&item=170022941494&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Pac would know I'm sure.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i believe pac bought his 62 strat there.
  • Where is Pac?

Nice guitar.

I'm half unemployed, and I got the IRS on my case. No gear for me.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Too bad it seems Pac's been MIA for awhile.

I guess I could always call. I'm just a little hesitant to spend over a grand on a guitar I've never seen or played.
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    it'd probably come with a better setup than buying the same thing from a mail order catalogue........

and there are a lot that buy top of the line les pauls by going thru that route.......
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    moster78 wrote:

Apparently it is not a store. It's not listed in the yellow pages and couldn't find anything when I did a search on the Internet. Midtown Music was a music festival held here every Spring until 2006. It was a three day festival and was pretty awesome. Back to you and your guitar though. I'd communicate with the guy some and see what he has to say because it doesn't appear that he is a business owner.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Hmm, I found this easy enough, although the phone number is different on the first three digits on the ebay ad.

http://www.midtownmusic.com/
    moster78 wrote:
    Hmm, I found this easy enough, although the phone number is different on the first three digits on the ebay ad.

http://www.midtownmusic.com/

my bad........
    The 404 area code would be correct for a store located off of N. Druid Hills. Based on their address, they're not that far from where I live.

Since there's so much time left for the bid, I could take a ride by the store if you'd like.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    my bad........
    The 404 area code would be correct for a store located off of N. Druid Hills. Based on their address, they're not that far from where I live.

Since there's so much time left for the bid, I could take a ride by the store if you'd like.

That would be awesome, and I'd really appreciate it. I'm still mulling it over.
    Yeah, I could do that. It's pretty much on my way home from work. I know nothing about guitars but could tell you if the place looks legit.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Yeah, I could do that. It's pretty much on my way home from work. I know nothing about guitars but could tell you if the place looks legit.

Thanks. I appreciate it.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I may drop some serious cash on a Taylor pretty soon. Yay and Ugh all at the same time.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    Went by Midtown Music on my home. It was locked up tight but looks totally legit. I think the reason they sell online is because they aren't in a strip mall and don't have highway frontage. They are hooked onto a building where there are lessons given for several instruments (including guitar) and voice lessons. Looks like he had some really nice stuff (looks-wise - I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GUITARS, but they sure were purty!). Anyway, if you decide to buy from this guy I think you can rest assured that the guy is legit.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    Thanks a lot. I was checking out their eBay feedback and its all positive, so I think I can buy with confidence. Now, the decision to buy or not!?
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    That seems like a pretty good deal!
    enharmonic wrote:
    That seems like a pretty good deal!

I know, its like the third of the price of one new. Decisions, decisions.
    Yeah, so I have no self control and pulled the trigger today. I called the shop a few times with little questions over the past two days and decided that getting 1/3rd off list was just too good to pass up. Turns out its not used, just old stock that they had to clear out before placing an order, so they had to sell it as used. Comes with all the case candy and whatnot, which is good. And its a 2005, so its before Gibson came out with their VOS line, which I've never really been too interested in as I don't like the aged look. I'd rather age it myself.

Now I'll just have to have the self control to lock it away in a closet until I hit a personal goal I set for myself. Once I hit the goal I said I'd reward myself with a new guitar, but the price was just right. But of course I'll have to play it first, test it out, make sure I like it. I shall provide a full report once I have this baby in my hands. Next up, sending my BD-2 to Keeley to get modded, and I'm done for now. I hope.