Question on Fender 57/62 Pickups

moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
edited January 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been mulling over picking a set of these up for my American Strat, but was just curious about one thing. I know they come with the middle pickup not reverse wound/reverse polarity or whatever so that there is no hum canceling in the 2 and 4 positions. I was just curious if it was possible before installing them to rewire it so that it will hum cancel? And if so, how hard is it? Or is it just not possible?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78 wrote:
    I've been mulling over picking a set of these up for my American Strat, but was just curious about one thing. I know they come with the middle pickup not reverse wound/reverse polarity or whatever so that there is no hum canceling in the 2 and 4 positions. I was just curious if it was possible before installing them to rewire it so that it will hum cancel? And if so, how hard is it? Or is it just not possible?

Thanks in advance everyone!

I have the pickups, and if they are installed cleanly, there isn't that much noise. infact they are suprisingly much more quiet than i thought they would be. The only problem is, because they are hot, if you have noisier effects, it will increase the dirtyness in them the further along the chain you go.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19