Tune-o-matic Bridge Question

moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
OK, probably a stupid question, but here goes. In my excitement of getting my SG Special and finally getting home, I took all the strings off, gave the thing a thorough cleaning, made some adjustments and what not. But, getting caught up in the moment, when I went to put it all back together I think I put the bridge back on backwards. The screws that adjust the saddles point towards the stopbar. Are they supposed to go that way or are they supposed to face the bridge pickup?

Thank you, and I apologize for my idiocy. =)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I've been playing guitar for damn near 40 years, fixed hundreds of them, built a bunch, and I can't tell you how many times I've restrung and put that stupid thing on backwards! :D No worries!

The answer is,,,, well, I've seen them both ways, but I like them better facing the rear stop bar so you can turn the screws and intonate easily.

If the saddles are notched for the strings, then the big notch should have the bigger bass E riding on it, smaller notch for the high E.
    Otherwise, it's a 50/50 shot that it's right!
    Check with a tuner and see if the open strings are the same as the corresponding ones fretted at the 12th fret. If they are, Rock On and congratulations!!!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Nope, it was backward! Thanks again Bob! Its on right and intonation is pretty spot on. Still want to get it setup to lower the action and set the desired pickup height. Haven't had a chance to play it jacked in too much to see how i like the pickups and if I want to cover them. Hopefully in the next few days! Thanks again!
  • Been there done that.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/