Reverse Headstock Strat

moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
edited April 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been extremely bored at work all week, and when that happens, you surf the net and look at all the stuff you want to buy! Been looking at this one a lot. Any thoughts?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-60s-Reverse-Special-Strat?sku=512595
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Definitley a cool lookin axe.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Definitley a cool lookin axe.

Oh yeah, complete with the bridge pickup slanted the wrong way. I'm just curious if anyone has gotten their hands on one yet. I think its a MF only thing, since I don't see it on Fender's site anywhere.
  • I was just thinkin though, If you want to go reverse like Sir Jimmy, why not just buy a leffty and restring it?

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    There is a Dick Dale model like that listed in teh vintage guide, also I have seen a guy called GAry Hoey holding one, reverse headstock, but body around the right way.
    Music is not a competetion.
    I was just thinkin though, If you want to go reverse like Sir Jimmy, why not just buy a leffty and restring it?

Because it'd be less comfortable IMO, so the reverse is more for the sound. Plus with a lefty re-strung you'd also need a new nut.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Because it'd be less comfortable IMO, so the reverse is more for the sound. Plus with a lefty re-strung you'd also need a new nut.

And its pretentious as hell to use a lefty guitar if you're righty. Plus, as I'm sure exhausted can attest, they're harder to find in lefty. I just think it looks cool as that model is. Was just curious if anyone had seen or played one as I think they're new, and possibly MF only.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    upside down strats are not comfortable at all. the balance is terrible and everything gets in the way.

the reverse headstock only, however, is awesome.
  • The look doesn't send me either way the headstock is,,,, but

The reverse headstock makes it a bit easier to bend the strings, too. It's a shorter span to the high e and b string tuners, so there's a little bit less tension on it.
    And I like the pickup backwards like that, too. Takes a bit of the harshness off the treble.

I think Dick Dale is the best use of a Strat ever. :D haha,,, you gotta go see him play live,,,, he still tours and he still wails!!!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    imo, one of the best things about a Strat is having all the tuning pegs in line on top of the headstock. that reverse headstock would drive me insane. I also have a Les Paul and the 3 tuning pegs on the bottom are a pain in my ass when it comes to changing strings. of course, I'm left-handed but play guitar right-handed so maybe that has something to do with it, but that upsidedown headstock would not be for me. I would definitely suggest playing one first.
    Ya, nothings easier than the 6 inline tuners on top for quick tuning changes, especially mid song, hitting a harmonic and making it right, not missing a beat.