Gibson Custom Shop - Where to buy?

moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Sorry for the lack of posting and contributing fellas, life has been a little crazy lately.

So onto my question. I got engaged recently, and I knew I picked the right girl when a few hours after I got engaged she says to me, "I want to get you something really nice, whats that guitar you've always wanted?" So I'm in the market for my engagement guitar, and the one I've always wanted is a '57 Goldtop. Only problem is, I've only seen them once in a store. For something this big, I sure don't want to buy without trying it out first. So where do I look? I'll obviously hit the one place I've seen it hanging on the wall, maybe they can order me one. But where else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    moster78 wrote:
    Sorry for the lack of posting and contributing fellas, life has been a little crazy lately.

So onto my question. I got engaged recently, and I knew I picked the right girl when a few hours after I got engaged she says to me, "I want to get you something really nice, whats that guitar you've always wanted?" So I'm in the market for my engagement guitar, and the one I've always wanted is a '57 Goldtop. Only problem is, I've only seen them once in a store. For something this big, I sure don't want to buy without trying it out first. So where do I look? I'll obviously hit the one place I've seen it hanging on the wall, maybe they can order me one. But where else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PM JofZ. i bet you he can give you some people to talk to in your area. he's pretty hooked up.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Nice, congrats on the engagement. I'm not really in the same boat as you, but my girlfriend decided adamantly that she wanted a dog right now. Even though I don't really want it, I went along with it and told her she owes me one, for something in the future. First thing out of her mouth was "OK so what kind of guitar is it?"

You can always tell the good ones when they know what's on your mind.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    First of all, congrats.

Second of all, I have no idea. I know http://www.chrisguitars.com has a few in stock but you want to try them first.

So in reality, I'm of no help in this thread.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    exhausted wrote:
    PM JofZ. i bet you he can give you some people to talk to in your area. he's pretty hooked up.

Thanks for the advice. I sent him an e-mail, but I should probably post this over at the guitar hub if I want his attention, huh?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    moster78 wrote:
    Thanks for the advice. I sent him an e-mail, but I should probably post this over at the guitar hub if I want his attention, huh?

yeah, he's more likely to see it sooner there.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Hey, have a look at teh http://www.lespaulforum.com , theere are always heaps of threads on this toic.

In NY, check out Todd Louis, he is brash NY, but a solid guy. He is easy to find on teh forum, just look for his sig, "THe world needs a MArshall enema "
    Prices are down at the mo in teh summer lull, a very good time to be buying HIstoric LP Custom shop. The Les PAul forum is a huge resouce site to do your research on. there are some over the top screw counters, but generally really solid friendly place.
    Music is not a competetion.