Can anyone recommend a good learn to sing CD/DVD/software?

BackwardsBlues1BackwardsBlues1 Posts: 152
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
there seems to be a lot out there, don't want to spend money on one that isn't great. Anyone used one they liked?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Voice Lessons are money better spent.

It's pretty difficult to learn pitch and theory without instant feedback. I just don't think you can get personal feedback from a DVD. DVD learning is great to enhance skills like singing more with a head rather than a chest voice or conserving your voice, not to learn how..
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Voice Lessons are money better spent.

It's pretty difficult to learn pitch and theory without instant feedback. I just don't think you can get personal feedback from a DVD. DVD learning is great to enhance skills like singing more with a head rather than a chest voice or conserving your voice, not to learn how..

yeah I agree but I absolutely have no money to spend on voice lessons though, which sucks, because I also want to take some guitar lessons too. Plus I don't have THAT much time to practice so I figured I could just fool around a little when I have time. Plus, it's really just for myself. Lately I have been singing all the time, but it's annoying that I have to listen to myself sound awful, that's the only reason I want to improve a little.