Any keyboardests?

ScaryGaryScaryGary Posts: 2
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been playing for close to a year now, I am in a band, the only way I can really describe us is...progressive funk metal?...eh, a little different, but quite unique I'd have to say. more on the jam band side, also...we've been looking for a bassist, and vocalist, as well. my style is based around my 3 favorites/major influences, which are:

Keith emerson
Rick wakeman
Ray Manzarek

though I've still got my own style in there as well, it all makes a decent blend.

BTW: any-one know where I can find keyboard tabs for "Rival"...I've been looking for months. :(

thanks.

- SG
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AstarteAstarte Posts: 5
    I played keyboard for a band I was in briefly in high school. We only played one song at a talent show, but it was fun. We did Riders on the Storm, but had to cut it a bit to fit in the time slot we were alotted. I haven't played for years though. Now I've switched to bass, which I like a lot. Sorry, don't know where to tell you to look for those tabs.
    Someone handed me a picture and said, "This is a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. "...Here's a picture of me when I'm older." Where'd you get that camera man?
    ~ Mitch Hedberg 1968-2005
  • covincovin Posts: 42
    You might be able to find them at http://www.taborama.com.

I used to play piano but I haven't touched one in a couple years.
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    i bs with a synth when im bored, usually just make industrial music. dont know any traditional piano stylings. dont know where 'tabs' are though.
  • ScaryGary wrote:
    I've been playing for close to a year now, I am in a band, the only way I can really describe us is...progressive funk metal?...eh, a little different, but quite unique I'd have to say. more on the jam band side, also...we've been looking for a bassist, and vocalist, as well. my style is based around my 3 favorites/major influences, which are:

Keith emerson
    Rick wakeman
    Ray Manzarek

though I've still got my own style in there as well, it all makes a decent blend.

BTW: any-one know where I can find keyboard tabs for "Rival"...I've been looking for months. :(

thanks.

- SG

Hey,
    I'm a pianoist/keyboardist as well.. I've been playing thought for about 15 years.
    About the tabs... I work alot by ear, but it always helps to sometimes get the guitar charts, and then work your way from there.. I am thinking about starting a site and writing out the keyboard/piano sections for pearl jam songs. I always had a hard time finding them, but when i finally started working them out properly, i thought maybe i could let me go out..

As for Rival If you still got problems with it, i'll learn it for you and then score it out for you?

Give me a tingle :)

I'd love to talk to more pianoist/keyboardist who are interested in playing, or are playing pearl jam... It is really fun to do it i tell ya!... Even the songs that don't have any in them.. Lol
    She said to me, over the phone...She wanted to see other people... I thought:
    "Well then, look around, they're everywhere"
    Said that she was confused... I thought:
    "Darling, join the club"
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I've never heard of a "keyboard tab", is that another way of saying "a piano score?"
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    I've never heard of a "keyboard tab", is that another way of saying "a piano score?"

Yes.... lol... But sometimes you can just find the chord charts for keyboard so i could call that a keyboard tab.. Or just a chord chart.. Whatever rocks your boat.. Lol... Either way!
    She said to me, over the phone...She wanted to see other people... I thought:
    "Well then, look around, they're everywhere"
    Said that she was confused... I thought:
    "Darling, join the club"