Flambeau Guitar

LAGLAG Posts: 7
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was given a Flambeau guitar from a friend because they were going to throw it out, and I know nothing about it. Can anyone tell me if it is a good quality guitar or low end or what the deal is with it? Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Sounds like something Jimi Hendrix would have enjoyed at the Monterrey Pop festival.

sorry, I know nothing.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • From what I've read Flambeaus are early nineties guitars, designed by George Lowden. Lowdens are great acoustics (Damien Rice is absolutely crazy about his) and it seems like the Flambeaus are pretty decent as well. Don't think all Flambeaus are designed by Lowden, though, they seem to be pretty rare.

Oh yeah, I'm not sure of any of this. I just did a quick search on the internet. :) But if you got it for free, I think you might have got a fine guitar there.
  • Pearlwax is right! Bing bing bing!!! :D

Well, it's a Lowden designed guitar, made in Japan a while back. Not actually made by Lowden. I've seen a few and they're decent guitars. It depends what condition it's in and how it fits you.

You could probably call it a lower middle range guitar. Not bad for the price! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I have created a group to bring together other owners, and try and find out more about them. If you would like to join please visit: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/flambeauguitars/

Hope to see you there!