Who asked to see a pic of my rig?

enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
About 2 months ago, one of you asked if I would post a pic. Well, I just got a digital camera, so here's a quick shot of my current rig. Sorry for the delay.

wiz_rig.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonic wrote:
    About 2 months ago, one of you asked if I would post a pic. Well, I just got a digital camera, so here's a quick shot of my current rig. Sorry for the delay.

wiz_rig.jpg

i dont see any delay in that pic...lol, nice stuff

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    i dont see any delay in that pic...lol, nice stuff

harrison

DOH! The EchoTap is on the shelf behind the amp...lol.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    what kind of a guitar is that?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    It's a Terry McInturff FLE. He made 30 of them. I have #6 and #27, which is pictured. It's a sick guitar. :)
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    enharmonic wrote:
    It's a Terry McInturff FLE. He made 30 of them. I have #6 and #27, which is pictured. It's a sick guitar. :)

there was some dude, supposedly his former business partner, trying to sell 11 prototypes on fleabay the other day as a lot.
    Yep. That's Paddy Shetley...great guy by all accounts. Those guitars are all prototypes and NAMM instruments. A bit on the high side for all but the McInturff obsessed historian types with 11k to spend :)

The FLE pictured in my rig pic has a one-piece flamed maple top. I think the flame was actually not intentional, as Terry tone-tapped each of these for specific resonant qualities.

people ask about the one-piece ash body a lot because of the association that ash has with Fender instruments. Most associate ash with certain tonal properties, but Terry has found that depending on how it is used, it can take on the sonic properties of old-growth mahogany...the stuff that hasn't been available since the early 70s. The chambered ash body of this instrument sounds nothing like one owuld expect. The guitar has a very violin-like sustain...sort of like the "singing sword" in the old Warner Bros. cartoons.