Any rules on posting gear for sale in these parts?

enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I don't want to spam, but I have some great gear that's gotta leave the nest in order to make room for my custom creations.

If I can get a green light, I'll post details of the things I am looking to sell.

:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the mods have never said anything about it. and we've done it before. it's a buyer beware thing.

but there seems to be no rule against it.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Right on! Well then, I guess I'll get started :)

1. Wizard Modern Classic 100 - This is a dual-channel, 100-watt head built in 2005 by Rick St. Pierre. He is the amp tech for AC/DC and Aerosmith. The amps are hand built in small batches, and PTP wired. The transformers are custom wound to Rick's specifications. Tonally, it is described by most as "Hiwatt meets Marshall". The wait list for these runs over a year. New, they cost $3500. Mine has about 12 hours on it, and has not left my house since I received it. I'm asking $3000 + shipping/insurance. I can provide photo's.

2. 1995 Goodall Rosewood Standard - This is a glorious dreadnaught made by one of the world's premier acoustic luthiers. The guitar features east indian rosewood sides and back, a rosewood neck w/ ebony fretboard, and a bearclaw spruce top. It also has curly koa binding and abalone inlay at the rosette and fret markers. L.R. Baggs dual source pickup is installed. The case shows 11 years of wear, but is still structurally sound. This guitar has been played, and has opened up nicely. It's a flatpicker's dream, and handles fingerstyle quite well. New, this guitar lists for around $4200 as equipped. I am asking $2500 + shipping/insurance for it, since it is in 7.5 out of 10 condition. Used, they typically go for over $3k, but I'm accounting for checking, buckle rash, and 11 years of playing time on it. Photo's available. Price is negotiable, though I'd appreciate reasonable offers (meaning, nothing below $2200)

3. Terry McInturff Forum Limited Edition. This is #27 of a run of 30 guitars made by Terry for the TCM forum members. It features a 1-piece flame maple top, 1-piece chambered swamp ash body, and a 1-piece mahogany neck w/ rosewood fretboard. The neck carve is Terry's mild V, which is a fat neck, but with a very comfortable contour. comes with a hard case, and 2 sets of pickups. TV Jones Power-trons (installed), and the original TCM TOL pickups, which are custom wound for Terry.

The chambered ash body was selected by Terry for it's sonic characteristics, and is very similar in sound to old-growth mahogany for those of you who have played vintage Gibson's. The tops were also tone-tapped and accepted only if the wood resonated at a specific frequency that Terry spec'd for these instruments. I'm asking $2200 + shipping/insurance for this instrument, and have a few interested parties already, though it has not sold...which is why I am listing it here. Photo's are available.

I'm not interested in trades at this time. I have a number of custom projects queued up, and ready to go pending the financing

PM for more details :)
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I think the mods pretty much just leave this forum alone, since we're a pretty small niche.

We know what we're doing. :)

In that case, I've got one pedal.

A MXR Distortion + for $25 + shipping (this includes post and the little box I have to buy to ship it in. I sent one xpress post to Toronto last week and shipping was like $12 in total.
  • I think the mods pretty much just leave this forum alone, since we're a pretty small niche.

We know what we're doing. :)

In that case, I've got one pedal.

A MXR Distortion + for $25 + shipping (this includes post and the little box I have to buy to ship it in. I sent one xpress post to Toronto last week and shipping was like $12 in total.

Hmmmm

I still have that Deluxe on hold and was wondering what my DS-1 would sound like through that?? And was even considering a modded BD-2?

How would the MXR be with the Deluxe do you think??
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the D+ is nice through a dark amp.

i loved it through an 18W marshall. i hated it through my own amps.